Bandai release schedule

i think you don't get it, it's one of the best things from the new trilogy, and a whole new point of perspective how tho threat a Sith and a Villain in SW.
He is not a Villain... just a kid who wants to be as good villain as his grand father was, and he failed, now the interesting point is to see his progress and how he is going to grow up.
In fact, from the beginning of the movie i thought about him just as a darth Vader clon, until i discovered he was not, and he turned out to be a very interesting character.

i think maybe we are going a bit offtopic,,, sorry for that

I do 'get it'. Character growth, the internal conflict, yada yada... I thought KR came across as a whiny little bitch, instead of a fear inspiring villain.

Yeah... I like the direction they took with him & I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how his character develops in the next 2. I'm guessing his progression will be somewhat unexpected.

But Bandai- a 1/48 Y would be superb.

After slogging through all the TLJ ship-design hate... :rolleyes

I'm disappointed at the non-update update of their presence at Celebration. More tacit hints that a 1:72 Falcon is in the offing, the continuing presence of th ebig-if-inaccurate SD to keep us wondering and hoping, and more things coming in scales I care about not at all. Boo.

I'm really hoping for 1:72 offerings for Kylo's fighter, for the new A-Wing... but also for the Ghost, Slave I, and any of the shuttles (Kylo's, Krennic's, TIE, Lambda, Nu, Republic Attack...). I also keep holding out hope they'll do the Mandalorian fighters from Rebels. *heh* Really, just more 1:72 offerings of anything that hasn't already been released at that scale. I also wouldn't mind more 1:48 walkers and speeders. Getting so discouraged every time I see an update and it turns out to be figures or 1:144 or F-Toys or a repack. *sigh* I know some people are into those, but I'm not, so.

--Jonah

Vader throws something (well, somebody...) across the room and screams at his underlings when he doesn't get his way in one of his very first scenes. Not very mature... ;)
If Kylo was more like Vader then you will get the following critique: "I dont like it, he is trying to be like Vader, I would like to see a more realistic villain, more human like and not as machine like." Some SW fans will never be satisfied and will find something to whine about, no matter what. They are complaining about ship design and what not in a movie universe where there is SOUND in space to begin with! LOL!

Last edited:
The problem I find with the new designs is they seem to be getting more and more Rube Goldberg-esque.

Lots of complicated engineering to do simple things. Large unnecessary wings that have to fold and unfold etc...

I like the updated X-Wing and A-wings. The Tie's I would have like to have seen them go the Interceptor or Tie Advanced route. Most other things not based on classic designs though have been overly complicated flying boxes

Put me in the camp that liked the characterization of Kylo Ren. I thought it was an interesting reversal that instead of a good person trying to resist the temptation of the darkness...he seemed like a disturbed person trying to resist the call of the light/ good. That conflict was literally hurting him. He is a damaged PERSON not a machine. So many real people, probably everybody here, have had a temper tantrum or 3 in their adult life or at least came damn close, over what would probably be, comparatively speaking, much more minor things....and we are not mentally damaged people like what I felt he was. Like Scarecrow Joe said if he was even tempered then everyone would complain that he is too much like Vader and be just one more thing that people would lump into the complaint that Ep 7 is just a copy of 4. :rolleyes

Chris

The problem I find with the new designs is they seem to be getting more and more Rube Goldberg-esque.

Lots of complicated engineering to do simple things. Large unnecessary wings that have to fold and unfold etc...

I like the updated X-Wing and A-wings. The Tie's I would have like to have seen them go the Interceptor or Tie Advanced route. Most other things not based on classic designs though have been overly complicated flying boxes
The OT imperial shuttle had folding wings. Most real aircraft that are used on aircraft carriers have folding wings.

The OT x-wings, snowspeeders, and b-wings had parts that moved.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

apart from the Imperial shuttle and B-wing, the moving parts made sense. You could get a feel for how a speeders air flaps work to steer it. The X-wings made sense for landing purposes vs getting the spread on the guns when in flight.

The B-wing frankly made no sense (although I must admit liking it)

The Shuttle also kind of makes no sense. Those wings seem to have no function other than "it looks cool". I can buy into that until you start saying you know, if we make them even longer and more nonsensical, it will be even cooler

Are you insinuating Disney Princesses are known for throwing hissy fits?

Really? You're upset because I sullied the reputation of the Disney Princesses? When people describe someone as acting like a princess, it's generally because if they aren't treated how they think they deserve, they get upset.

apart from the Imperial shuttle and B-wing, the moving parts made sense. You could get a feel for how a speeders air flaps work to steer it. The X-wings made sense for landing purposes vs getting the spread on the guns when in flight.

The B-wing frankly made no sense (although I must admit liking it)

The Shuttle also kind of makes no sense. Those wings seem to have no function other than "it looks cool". I can buy into that until you start saying you know, if we make them even longer and more nonsensical, it will be even cooler
I agree Kylo's shuttle looks a little odd with the wings pointing up, but are they really that much bigger than the OT shuttle? It might be misleading because Kylo's doesn't have the big center fin.

I'm not a fan of the TIE Striker. Are there others with big wings?

I never understood the purpose of the folding wings on the OT shuttle, but it does look cool.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Put me in the camp that liked the characterization of Kylo Ren. I thought it was an interesting reversal that instead of a good person trying to resist the temptation of the darkness...he seemed like a disturbed person trying to resist the call of the light/ good.

It's not really a reversal. Vader in ROTJ was basically going through the same conflict. Luke could sense the "good" in him and Vader was struggling to prevent that pull to the light. I'd argue, in fact, that this is what's going on inside Vader since the moment he learned a Skywalker was responsible for destroying the Death Star. The fact that he became "obsessed" with finding Luke, and started plotting to overthrow the Emperor (not to mention continually killing his own men), makes it pretty clear he was going through an internal struggle between dark and light.

Really? You're upset because I sullied the reputation of the Disney Princesses? When people describe someone as acting like a princess, it's generally because if they aren't treated how they think they deserve, they get upset.

I guess this was one of those times when the tone didn't come across, as no one is upset here fella. Thank you though.

And a probe droid would be immense!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back