Bandai release schedule

No kidding! I can't believe that people at all of these SW licensees are sitting there saying "Okay the fans REALLY want another X-Wing and TIE Fighter. They can't get enough of them, big or small! I mean they are never tired of building these, over and over and over and over."
On the other hand, they could be looking at sales figures that show the X-Wing and TIE Fighter kits are the biggest sellers and saying, "Seriously? Okay, I guess we'll have to produce them too." :lol

On the other hand, they could be looking at sales figures that show the X-Wing and TIE Fighter kits are the biggest sellers and saying, "Seriously? Okay, I guess we'll have to produce them too." :lol

There's probably a lot of truth in that. I mean, there's a reason Lucasfilm has relied almost exclusively on nostalgia and old designs for their two Star Wars films so far: da people want dat chit.

Companies like Bandai don't do things for the hell of it or just to **** off the small model making enthusiast community.

They make stuff that makes them the most money in their geographically restricted market.

Sounds great but I would prefer 1/48, 1/35, 1/24
1/72 is just to small for me for the smaller ships. I like where you can actually paint the figures face and enjoy it

Companies like Bandai don't do things for the hell of it or just to **** off the small model making enthusiast community.

They make stuff that makes them the most money in their geographically restricted market.

There's some truth to that, but you have to remember their geographically restricted market is actually much bigger than Japan. It includes the U.S., Europe, and much of the world. Sure, they can't sell directly outside Japan and their retailers can't really sell outside of Japan (or whatever the limit is). However, how much of their product is actually getting outside that small market? I'm sure nobody here has actual numbers, but Bandai is getting a lot of money from outside Japan for it's SW stuff. And license or no license, they don't give a rat's behind where that money is coming from. Of course, if they did, they might consider some other subjects. If they made a larger MF or Y-wing, maybe very few Japanese modelers would build it. But if Americans are buying oodles of them, they will still fly off the shelves in Japan.

No kidding! I can't believe that people at all of these SW licensees are sitting there saying "Okay the fans REALLY want another X-Wing and TIE Fighter. They can't get enough of them, big or small! I mean they are never tired of building these, over and over and over and over."

It works :lol

I have the MPC X-wing and all the various Tie Fighters they did. Then i picked up the Revell pocket ties. Then along came Fine Molds with the improved kits. Then Bandai came out and those surface tiles were so cool and they somehow seemed to be even better than Fine Molds.

There's some truth to that, but you have to remember their geographically restricted market is actually much bigger than Japan. It includes the U.S., Europe, and much of the world. Sure, they can't sell directly outside Japan and their retailers can't really sell outside of Japan (or whatever the limit is). However, how much of their product is actually getting outside that small market? I'm sure nobody here has actual numbers, but Bandai is getting a lot of money from outside Japan for it's SW stuff. And license or no license, they don't give a rat's behind where that money is coming from. Of course, if they did, they might consider some other subjects. If they made a larger MF or Y-wing, maybe very few Japanese modelers would build it. But if Americans are buying oodles of them, they will still fly off the shelves in Japan.
Not restricted anymore- the US Market is now open to Bandai (except for the figure kits).
Word is that Hasbro complained to Disney that Bandai's posable figure kits were in direct competition with Hasbro's posable figures in the same scale so Bandai will still be restricted in distribution in the US on those.

I agree that things will be different /if/ the new deal Bandai has with a US importer results in a serious increase in sales. But up to now it's clear that Bandai's primary market has been Japan with the rest of Asia second.

Once they start seeing increased sales in markets where people have big houses, who knows? :)

I know that, living in the U.K. in a small English house, I'm not really in the market for three foot long Star Destroyers or whatever!

A 1/48 Y-Wing and a 1/48 TIE fighter would seem to be derigor to go with the X-Wing, as the three main vehicle 'characters' - beyond the Mill Falcon of course. Am I right or what?

R, Robert

Wasn't the FM 48th scale TIE enough to satisfy people? I mean, it's right up there with the X and Y as a subject, but is anyone really wishing for Bandai's treatment of a 48th scale TIE?

Wasn't the FM 48th scale TIE enough to satisfy people? I mean, it's right up there with the X and Y as a subject, but is anyone really wishing for Bandai's treatment of a 48th scale TIE?

I'm hoping and wishing for everything Bandai is willing to give us in 1/48, including an X-wing (non-electronic), Y-wing, TIE, Vader's TIE, AT-AT, A-wing, B-wing, TIE Bomber. Also a BIG Falcon, Star Destroyer, Blockade Runner...

The electronic x-wing is worth the price.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The 1/48 FM X-wing is non electronic and very good. Painting mine now
008655d685e9417b23ea10ad1c1c7601.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back