Bandai release schedule

I agree,....I've done this rant before,.....everyone knows that the Blockade Runner was supposed to be 'The Pirate Ship' in Star Wars,....they spent a third of the model making budget on that one model......it later was modified into the Blockade Runner.....

It has been in ROTJ,.....& the Prequels,....cartoons.....possibly in Rogue One

What size would it be compared to the 1/350 Falcon......would that be a reasonable scale?

Joe Johnston sketch;

View attachment 672872

...although,....things got messed up in ROTJ????

View attachment 672876

The canon length of a BR is 126.68m,....the Falcon is 34.75 m,....so is roughly 3 1/2 the size of the BR......so 1/350 would be a nice size of a model

J

At 1/350 that makes it 14", close to the size of the one from the miniature game. 1/144 would be better but would be almost 3' long! Probably too much to ask for.

I think a Blockade Runner is definitely on the cards....& with the tiny Falcon at that scale, there could be plenty of other ships released,....Rebel Transport for example

J

With Bandai's current release strategy in mind I guess the capital ships would be a suitable subject for the Mecha line up to see how well they are recepted.

I agree,....I've done this rant before,.....everyone knows that the Blockade Runner was supposed to be 'The Pirate Ship' in Star Wars,....they spent a third of the model making budget on that one model......it later was modified into the Blockade Runner.....

It has been in ROTJ,.....& the Prequels,....cartoons.....possibly in Rogue One

What size would it be compared to the 1/350 Falcon......would that be a reasonable scale?

Joe Johnston sketch;

View attachment 672872

...although,....things got messed up in ROTJ????

View attachment 672876

The canon length of a BR is 126.68m,....the Falcon is 34.75 m,....so is roughly 3 1/2 the size of the BR......so 1/350 would be a nice size of a model

J

Yeah that ROTJ shot has got to just be a compositing error.

As for what the true scale would be... Rebels could provide some guidance. So here's the Ghost from Rebels docked to the Tantive IV. It appears the "official" length of the Ghost is 43.9 m, and width 34.2 m, so a bit larger than the Falcon:

Ls55VzU.png

A different corvette:

06.jpg

For grins, here's the Rebels A-wing which is an earlier model than the ROTJ version. It's based more directly on the McQuarrie art and is a (slightly larger?) two-seater version.

F3tiNZz.png

Yes! Those pics look right to me. Note the size of the a-wing compared to the escape pods.

Is that shot from rotj the only thing that makes people think the tantive 4 is that huge?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of the large retconned blockade runner. It doesnt make sense. Those nubs on the bottom of the ship are clearly supposed to be the escape pods.

And whenever we see people standing next to a docked on on rebels, it isn't nearly that size.

For that matter, star wars has never had star ship scale look right when we actually see people next to it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The only problem there is you're assuming an escape pod is the size of the one R2 and C-3PO used that fit only two or three people. These could be made to fit ten or twenty at a time. A big ship either needs larger escape pods or a lot more.

The only problem there is you're assuming an escape pod is the size of the one R2 and C-3PO used that fit only two or three people. These could be made to fit ten or twenty at a time. A big ship either needs larger escape pods or a lot more.
But we do see stormtroopers stand next to the pod on tattooine. And we see the size of the blockade runner in the landing bay of the star destroyer. And we see the size of the falcon on the back of the star destroyer.

I think if we do the math on that then the blockade runner is closer in size to those pics from rebels.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

RoTJ was still using old bluescreen technology at the time. Each element was filmed separately. The scale therefore will not be accurate.

TazMan2000

I've seen some people who want Droideka kits in Japan too. So I'm curious. If you can choose one either Droideka or Probe droid, which one would you all want?
I would both and probably 2 of each, but my 1st choice would be Probe droid.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I would both and probably 2 of each, but my 1st choice would be Probe droid.

I meant buy both and two of each... And with the 40th Anniversary coming up, I hope we get the Tie Bomber, and the rest of the OT troopers as model kits. And the B - Wing as well

The X-wing game miniature of the Blockade Runner is very well done- the basic hull proportions are correct which is something more replicas get wrong.
I would love to have a styrene kit about the same size just to have fun with- I did not have the courage to tear my X-Wing game replica although I did have to revise the paint somewhat.
That old Joe Johnson sketch is very misleading- that Blockade Runner is still shown at the 'pirate ship' size. The ship we saw on screen was several decks thick, the original sketch shows a ship with a single central corridor down it.a length going by the Falcon.

Original bluescreen compositing was done most of the times by look and feel instead of hard numbers of relative size and position as with CGI. Shots were composed for visual impact (like the KBoP hanging over the Merchantman which in that scene would be the size of a shuttle).

at the risk of a sound lynching....

I'd like to see them do the Radiant VII ! I always liked the look and functonality of the ship AND it was the first Star Wars ship seen on screen after the long pre episode one drought!

But a probe droid would be cool!......in 6th scale! At the scale and madde by Bandai it would probably be fully functional! ; )

Thomas

...I'd like to see them do the Radiant VII ! I always liked the look and functonality of the ship AND it was the first Star Wars ship seen on screen after the long pre episode one drought!...
AMT did produce a kit, but they called it "Republic Cruiser" and it was a pre-painted snap kit that was less than 3" long. :rolleyes

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back