Bandai release schedule

One of the troopers has another figure standing behind and it's shoulders appear as if they were part of foreground trooper's helmet.

As a one-sixth collector I'm really happy to have these as a troop building option.

The Bandai U-Wing is about half the size of the Revell one, but having the Revell in my hands I can already see that the Bandai is more detailed in a much smaller scale. For anyone considering the Revell U-Wing, I'd say wait for the Bandai. Smaller, yes, but clearly better.

That U-wing is a really nice model. I'd love a 1/72 for sure, but the 1/144 will look pretty nice nest to my falcon

Even better would be if it came with some soldiers and had the opening hatch on the bottom hull

Comparisons to Revell. The panel lines on the Revell are completely inconsistent with those on the Bandai. Which is more accurate? We'll see, but I know where I'd place my bet. The "wings" on the Revell are also missing side trench greebly detail between the top and bottom surfaces of the wing. Somehow -- as if by MAGIC! -- Bandai has managed to include that detail even on a much smaller scale.
IMG_6003.JPGIMG_6005.JPGIMG_6004.JPG

The Revell one looks like a toy (wait, it IS a toy). But hey, one can easily rebuild it completely from scratch! Perhaps they should include some plain plastic sheet in their kit boxes for the money.

... sarcasm off.

Always amazing how Bandai manages to deliver quality kits.

I've been working on the Revell U-wing for the past 3 days, and it's really not too bad. With a nice paint job it will look pretty slick, but of course not 100% accurate. I'd say the shape/proportions are almost 100% accurate, but the surface detail and panels lines are around 80-85% accurate

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the panel lines on the Revell are much more accurate than the Bandai image above. Maybe the Bandai is just an early prototype and they'll get more accurate lines in the final project.

I've been working on the Revell U-wing for the past 3 days, and it's really not too bad. With a nice paint job it will look pretty slick, but of course not 100% accurate. I'd say the shape/proportions are almost 100% accurate, but the surface detail and panels lines are around 80-85% accurate

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the panel lines on the Revell are much more accurate than the Bandai image above. Maybe the Bandai is just an early prototype and they'll get more accurate lines in the final project.

This post brought to you by Revell. :p

What reference material are you using to come to the conclusion that the Revel kit has more accurate panel lines than the Bandai?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back