Bandai release schedule

It's nice to see the dedication Bandai has for their products, the SW subjects are in good hands. Now just make them bigger will ya guys? :lol

This looks awesome! Hard to judge size but it looks impressive. Hoping approval goes through.
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/...hot_04.13_2016.05.17_15.33.41_zpsisqvml7y.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/...hot_04.15_2016.05.17_15.34.18_zpsanrqkmgu.jpg

Is this actually a prototype? Or is this the display model that was introduced at the 2014 show which he is used for reference to recreated the tiny SD? I'm hoping it's a new tooling. The second photograph shows lighting which might be an indication that a lighting kit will be included in the kit.....if it is going to be a kit.

TazMan2000

Is this actually a prototype? Or is this the display model that was introduced at the 2014 show which he is used for reference to recreated the tiny SD? I'm hoping it's a new tooling. The second photograph shows lighting which might be an indication that a lighting kit will be included in the kit.....if it is going to be a kit.

TazMan2000

Look above, again, at the photos of the video posted by robn1. In the lower right corner you can read the text: "This is a prototype in the planning stage under approval."

I think we can take Bandai at their word. :D

I'm holding myself now.

Already setting aside pennies for this ultimate purchase that I have been waiting for since July of 1977 (done right - the MPC model from 1980 was…. well adequate).

Look above, again, at the photos of the video posted by robn1. In the lower right corner you can read the text: "This is a prototype in the planning stage under approval."

I think we can take Bandai at their word. :D

I did read that, however, I'm being a devil's advocate by realizing that translations can be misconstrued...and mistranslated. I have been waiting for this for a long long time. There were rumours a couple of years ago and Bandai reps said there were no such plans, but either that changed or they are being very closed lipped on any future plans.
In a way...this does seem too good to be true. Especially right after they just released the tiny SD.

TazMan2000

There are several blue dots across the top hull. They may not be lighting, but it sure looks like it. There isn't any lights anywhere else, which is odd.

TazMan2000

That's just bits of detail standing out from the shadow and picking up a bluish reflection.

If you watch the video closely you can see the blue lights in the side trenches as well and on the bridge area.I think it is lighted just not amazingly a few optics here and there

I'll say this, with the amount of detail present in their line of 1/72 and 1/144 scale kits, if Bandai does release a large Star Destroyer, the detail on it will be simply insane. If Bandai does release a large Star Destroyer they will go down in history as the winner of Model Company of the World!

I'll say this, with the amount of detail present in their line of 1/72 and 1/144 scale kits, if Bandai does release a large Star Destroyer, the detail on it will be simply insane. If Bandai does release a large Star Destroyer they will go down in history as the winner of Model Company of the World!
The only thing that might prevent me from getting one is that painting is the most interesting part of the process for me.

And star destroyers don't exactly have the most interesting paint challanges.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

The only thing that might prevent me from getting one is that painting is the most interesting part of the process for me.

And star destroyers don't exactly have the most interesting paint challanges.

Painting a battle scarred Star Destroyer would be an option and imagine lighting it too!

I was just thinking along the same lines this morning. If the above Star Destroyer is released, Bandai will become my favorite model company ever. They will replace Moebius, who gained the title for the release of the original Battlestar kit (the first styrene one that doesn't suck).

True.

And this would be a great opportunity to face my lighting fears

There will be lots of room inside for lighting too I'd assume.

We just have to wait patiently to see if and when this will be released, I can't wait!

If you watch the video closely you can see the blue lights in the side trenches as well and on the bridge area.I think it is lighted just not amazingly a few optics here and there

Upon viewing the video again, you're right. Its undeniable. Not saying that will be part of the kit, but it looks promising. The lighting does look a bit dim though. However, in the real world, as was pointed out in a thread here months ago, the lighting can't be too bright. Look at some pictures of lit Star Destroyers, for example...
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CxxN4tsK3NQ/maxresdefault.jpg
If you were in one of those rooms with the light that bright, you would probably be blinded or barbecued.

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back