Bandai release schedule

I'd love to see the Radiant 7 from TPM,...Darth Maul's Infiltrator,.....RoTS V-Wing....(looks a bit like an A-Wing).....the ARC-170,....thats about all I liked in the Prequels......

I hope theres a possibility there'll be the completed Y Wing from the Clone Wars cartoon,.....and there are tonnes of really good RMQ inspired vessels in the Rebels cartoon

Heres hoping

J
I believe that the clone wars y-wing was not the same one from a new hope. The ANH version was released with full hull plating by f-toys

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

electric indigo over at Hobby Talk posted these:

A-Wing:

8gMCXD6.jpg

SL6ipCC.jpg

Anh5nop.jpg

GnwAWy0.jpg

Mini kits:

M4eOtBH.jpg

aLCfto0.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, that A-wing rocks...and so does the tiny eenie weenie Star Destroyer. I'm still upset they didn't make something larger.
I'm not too impressed about the turbo laser tower, though.

TazMan2000

The A-wing itself looks great, but I think the pilot looks undersized. I'm no A-Wing expert, but based on the images of the studio model the pilot should be larger. Of course, at this scale, Bandai was likely forced to cheat a bit to take into account the thickness of the canopy bubble. The old AMT kit had the same issue -- undersized pilot. I hope it looks reasonable with the canopy on.

The pilot is undersized when compared to the studio model, but it doesn't look out of place when compared to present day fighter aircraft.

TazMan2000

It seems there are three scales: The ILM studio model pilot is too big, the Bandai pilot is too small, and the full-size cockpit set is somewhere in between. I'll likely just wait and see how the pilot looks in the kit in my hand. I prefer the look of the larger pilot, which would scale the ship up to larger that 1/72, but I'm not a huge stickler for scale and I don't make dioramas. If the pilot is too small, it'll bug me every time I look at it.

This kind of demonstrates the difference in scaling to the pilot in the studio model vs scaling to the "official" size

The A-wing on the right is how small the A-wing would appear compared to a similar scaled Y-wing and X-wing

The one on the right is an unaltered FFG A-wing that seems to be based on the 9.6 meter figure which I believed is ultimately derived from scaling based on the full size set piece

The one on the left is a photoshopped downsized version that is closer to the size it would be if it was scaled based on the studio model pilot and some other references from
ROTJ
pic1628693_md.jpg

Personally I prefer the relative size based on the smaller on on the left. Bandai is giving us one that is relatively sized more like the one on the right

In the end, it's not too big a deal, I'll take it.

Personally I prefer the relative size based on the smaller on on the left. Bandai is giving us one that is relatively sized more like the one on the right

In the end, it's not too big a deal, I'll take it.

The one on the right definitely looks too big to me. I'm looking at the size of the cockpit canopy relative to the Y-Wing cockpit, and the one on the left seems perfectly reasonable.

If these were Bandai kits, then the A-Wing would appear to be 1/48 scale if sized to a 1/72 X-Wing... or about 1/3 larger than the 'correctly' sized A-Wing on the left in Blakeh1's illustration...

Should I start celebrating?

R/ Robert

The McQuarrie paintings look similar scale to the Bandai kit:

Star-Wars-Concept-Art-Jedi10.jpg

& how it appears in the cartoon:
687474703a2f2f692e6779617a6f2e636f6d2f65623230343462346438353338343162366265356465313531303166653230612e706e67

.....Bigger pilot;
latest

latest

A_Wing_Fighter_MPC_1_1973.jpg

....the MPC kit was supposed to be 1/48.....what size did it end up being compared to the Bandai?

I'd say....go by this painting for scale:

mrzlia7qqq2lwr7l4egj.jpg

rotj+matte12.jpg

J

Last edited:
I'd say....go by this painting for scale:

J

If we go by that painting for scale,. The Y Wing's front fuselage section's length is around the same as the A wing's width. which puts it closer to the left one on blakeh1's photo.

Also for reference the seated pilot in Bandai's X wings have a slightly undersized body compared to the standing figure included, the head is the same size, though.
The T-70's standing Poe figure is 2.6cm from bottom of feet to top of helmet x 72 = 187cm tall which seems good enough. The seated one measured with a flexible film ruler is 2.1cm x 72 = 151.2 cm

Last edited:
Thats the only scale reference we actually see in the film,....the A-Wings in flight move so quickly we don't see the size of the pilots inside them,......if Bandai & official (Star Wars.com) lists the A-Wing at 9.6m.......then.....thats the size of it then......the models as much as we love them were designed for a job.....snowspeeders with legless pilots.....Jedi Starfghters with droid compression.....

Heres a comparison with a scaled up A-Wing (9.6 m) & Y-Wing (23.4m) compared to the X-Wing (12.5m)

Ship scale.jpg

J

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back