Bandai release schedule

Bandai indeed didn't forget the prequels as they plan to release a Clone Trooper this June: http://www.1999.co.jp/10382589 By swapping head parts, it'll allow you to depict a clone trooper from Episode II or Episode III.

Awesome news! Love it. Thanks Bandai!

What's great about a clonetrooper, especially the phase II armor, is that modelers can do customized paint jobs to make shocktroopers and various squads and ranks. I can see buying 3 or 4 of these kits to do a Commander Cody with scratched details or even a Captain Rex (which would make my daughter very happy).

Last edited:
Yes to droidekas. That's got Bandai written all over it...

Hunk a Junk - I started modding a Black Series clone captain into Rex. Found him on sale for $12 at Walmart a while back. Got some scale pistols & holsters printed from Shapeways (although they need to be tweaked & redone), bought some fabric for the kama, & painted over the red stripes for white. I just need some time & a nice day to add in the blue stripes, thought I'd use a thin maker for the hash marks. I also have to figure out how to add the kama to the belt. The upper torso does not come off easily, so I may have to cut it.

With these clones, I might grab a couple to do early Fives & Echo. Maybe cobble the helmets into Rex's Phase 2.

Awesome news! Love it. Thanks Bandai!

What's great about a clonetrooper, especially the phase II armor, is that modelers can do customized paint jobs to make shocktroopers and various squads and ranks. I can see buying 3 or 4 of these kits to do a Commander Cody with scratched details or even a Captain Rex (which would make my daughter very happy).
This is hilarious , my son loves Captain Rex and I prefer Cody ......he constantly calls him a traitor ( I wind him up by saying he was following orders )

This is hilarious , my son loves Captain Rex and I prefer Cody ......he constantly calls him a traitor ( I wind him up by saying he was following orders )

Not just following orders, Cody had the genetic chip (according to Clone Wars season six -- which is official canon). So not a traitor because he didn't have free will. :D

It'll be fun to see how modelers customize their kits. If there's one downside to Bandai's Star Wars kits (and this isn't a real nitpick) it's that they're so good they don't really need any alterations or surgery. At least with the clones there are some opportunities to get a little creative with paint jobs and add-ons.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes to droidekas. That's got Bandai written all over it...

Hunk a Junk - I started modding a Black Series clone captain into Rex. Found him on sale for $12 at Walmart a while back. Got some scale pistols & holsters printed from Shapeways (although they need to be tweaked & redone), bought some fabric for the kama, & painted over the red stripes for white. I just need some time & a nice day to add in the blue stripes, thought I'd use a thin maker for the hash marks. I also have to figure out how to add the kama to the belt. The upper torso does not come off easily, so I may have to cut it.

With these clones, I might grab a couple to do early Fives & Echo. Maybe cobble the helmets into Rex's Phase 2.

Would love to see a Fives and Echo. So many possibilities.

I'd love to see the Radiant 7 from TPM,...Darth Maul's Infiltrator,.....RoTS V-Wing....(looks a bit like an A-Wing).....the ARC-170,....thats about all I liked in the Prequels......

I hope theres a possibility there'll be the completed Y Wing from the Clone Wars cartoon,.....and there are tonnes of really good RMQ inspired vessels in the Rebels cartoon

Heres hoping

J

The Star Destroyer and X-wing are listed as "no scale". Never saw that before, but it would be interesting to see what it actually is.

-Kris

The Star Destroyer and X-wing are listed as "no scale". Never saw that before, but it would be interesting to see what it actually is.

-Kris

Like this.
BANM160605.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back