Subscribe
    From
    Adelaide, South Australia
    5 Days Ago  May 19, 2017, 1:25 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3476

sithman66 said: View Post
    I'm glad you enjoy bb-8 and yes that 1/2 scale model is pretty darn cool actually!

Maybe you're right!...maybe I'm letting my bias against TFA ( I liked RO much better) cloud my judgment!?

I never thought of that!....if bb-8 was designed for the more sterile SW environments the design would not have to take dirt into consideration!

I hope ya get your 1/2 bb-8!
    Hehe thanks! I've got my eye on the Zvezda Star Destroyer, but I'm holding off until the big news from Bandai just in case. BB-8 is going to have to wait :P

When you talk about RO I can't help but wonder if they had chosen one of the better designs for what became the U-Wing...

Poor R2-D2 had to endure sand for Episode IV, then a snow and a muddy swamp for Episode V haha, these Astromechs are supposed to be in space!
    From
    NE, PA
    4 Days Ago  May 19, 2017, 6:47 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3477

Pretty much done with these three.

Lynn
    4 Days Ago  May 19, 2017, 8:09 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3478

StarForge said: View Post
    The 1/2 scale BB-8 is in my wish list
    It's a cool kit! And big. The 33.5cm doesn't include the aerials or the base :o
  4. Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    Lindsay, Ontario
    4 Days Ago  May 19, 2017, 8:30 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3479

StarForge said: View Post
    Hehe thanks! I've got my eye on the Zvezda Star Destroyer, but I'm holding off until the big news from Bandai just in case. BB-8 is going to have to wait :P

When you talk about RO I can't help but wonder if they had chosen one of the better designs for what became the U-Wing...

Poor R2-D2 had to endure sand for Episode IV, then a snow and a muddy swamp for Episode V haha, these Astromechs are supposed to be in space!

yeah, I wasn't impressed with any of the new designs but maybe it's because I'm old and afraid of change

I thought the same thing for r2!..he would be perfect in a handicap accessible city, but utterly useless in sand,snow, and swamp!
    4 Days Ago  May 19, 2017, 8:40 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3480

I think that is why they gave him Rocket Jets in the prequels- he had to do a lot and no way he could just roll around to get there.
    I bet half his bleeping is cursing the mechanic that decided to remove that feature...
    From
    Gera/Germany
    4 Days Ago  May 19, 2017, 11:43 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3481

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4963.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	729843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4964.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	729844
    My birthday present...
  7. Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    Lindsay, Ontario
    4 Days Ago  May 19, 2017, 12:12 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3482

tengel07 said: View Post

Name:	IMG_4963.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	729843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4964.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	729844
    My birthday present...

Fantastic!
    Lucky you!

I gotta say, eventhough I am not a bb-8 fan, everytime I see what Bandai did with all those coloured panels......I am tempted to buy one myself
  8. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Austin, TX
    4 Days Ago  May 19, 2017, 3:03 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3483

Are there any photos out there comparing the Bandai 1/2 BB-8 to the Jakks Big Fig?
  9. Member Since
    Aug 2014
    From
    England U.K.
    4 Days Ago  May 19, 2017, 3:30 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3484

mktodd said: View Post
    Toys sales alone of Cars merchandise has made more money for Disney than ALL the merchandise and movies from the Star Wars series combined over the entire life of the series, including from before Disney bought the property.
    ive never even seen that film lol

If Disney want to know why they are not making money: Disney latest Jack Sparrow Hot Toys in the US $264 which i think is a fair enough price.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...t-toys-903044/

In the UK 305 thats...50% MORE at $400 !!!!!!!!!! for a product thats made not in the US but in South Korea!

https://forbiddenplanet.com/224288-p...-jack-sparrow/

Maybe if they sort their distribution networks out they might have more people collecting LOTS of toys from their movies, instead of being completely ripped off and not buying anything in future.
  10. Member Since
    Mar 2016
    4 Days Ago  May 19, 2017, 5:13 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3485

mktodd said: View Post
    Time will tell.

personally, I really enjoyed The force Awakens and LOVED Rogue One, but Knowing Disney as I do (I've worked for them, twice, for about a total of 9 years) no matter how good a movie is, the real money earner for them is the merchandise. The Movies are basically commercials for ancillary products and if they can get Pixar to make c*ap like Cars 2 just to sell toy cars, then the Star Wars universe is by no means free from interference.

Just to make it clear, the Toys sales alone of Cars merchandise has made more money for Disney than ALL the merchandise and movies from the Star Wars series combined over the entire life of the series, including from before Disney bought the property.

Read this if you want an idea of how much influence Disney has over their property.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...ts-way/524484/
    Some good points there. Although I will say that Star Wars and selling merchandise have always gone hand-in-hand. Whether it was cereal or action figures, it's always been an integral part of Sw's existence. Let's not forget it's also a huge part of what allowed Lucas to stay independent and make the films he wanted to make. At the moment I trust KK and Lucasfilm to do what's best for the franchise without alternative motivations. Of course the ability to make mountains of cash is always a motivator, but Rogue One wasn't exactly pandering to the lowest common denominator, or even a safe bet, and I think it's a good sign that they're willing to take risks. Hiring Rian Johnson for EP. VIII comes also across as a creatively imaginative choice with sound motivations to me too. Disney seem to recognise SW is not just any franchise, at least in the meantime. Things might change in the future though, so as you say, time will tell. I'm optimistic.

Apologies for going so OT!
    Last edited by r0ver; 4 Days Ago at 5:45 PM.
  11. Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    Lindsay, Ontario
    4 Days Ago  May 19, 2017, 6:35 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3486

r0ver said: View Post
    Some good points there. Although I will say that Star Wars and selling merchandise have always gone hand-in-hand. Whether it was cereal or action figures, it's always been an integral part of Sw's existence. Let's not forget it's also a huge part of what allowed Lucas to stay independent and make the films he wanted to make. At the moment I trust KK and Lucasfilm to do what's best for the franchise without alternative motivations. Of course the ability to make mountains of cash is always a motivator, but Rogue One wasn't exactly pandering to the lowest common denominator, or even a safe bet, and I think it's a good sign that they're willing to take risks. Hiring Rian Johnson for EP. VIII comes also across as a creatively imaginative choice with sound motivations to me too. Disney seem to recognise SW is not just any franchise, at least in the meantime. Things might change in the future though, so as you say, time will tell. I'm optimistic.

Apologies for going so OT!
    You know?,...You make an excellent point that I hadn't considered in my "Oh my god disney owns Star Wars!..the sky is falling! hysteria.

R/O was a good movie and mostly devoid of too many "cutsey" parts or disneyesque, "the lightsaber called to you" stuff!...heck! ALL the characters die!

I would NEVER have expected that from disney!

So maybe you're right!.....maybe, just maybe,....there is room for a little optimism!

OK!...OT rant over!....I now return you to Bandai release schedule
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    4 Days Ago  May 19, 2017, 7:25 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3487

Richard Baker said: View Post
    I think that is why they gave him Rocket Jets in the prequels- he had to do a lot and no way he could just roll around to get there.
    I bet half his bleeping is cursing the mechanic that decided to remove that feature...
    I liked the Complete Visual Dictionary that said his rockets were out of warranty and couldn't be repaired. That's why he didn't use them in the OT.
    3 Days Ago  May 20, 2017, 8:39 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3488

Sluis Van Shipyards said: View Post
    I liked the Complete Visual Dictionary that said his rockets were out of warranty and couldn't be repaired. That's why he didn't use them in the OT.
    Amazing! I suppose that was the case for all those other R2 units in the OT? The Empire could build a planet-busting space laser but they couldn't fix the rockets on R2-Q5?
    From
    Gera/Germany
    3 Days Ago  May 20, 2017, 10:09 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3489

Fantastic!
    Lucky you!

I gotta say, eventhough I am not a bb-8 fan, everytime I see what Bandai did with all those coloured panels......I am tempted to buy one myself
    i plan to add a self made arduino based sound and light modul - sound with mp3 files. I will provide a build report in this forum ��
  15. Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    Lindsay, Ontario
    3 Days Ago  May 20, 2017, 2:09 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3490

tengel07 said: View Post
    i plan to add a self made arduino based sound and light modul - sound with mp3 files. I will provide a build report in this forum ��
    Sounds great!

Have you seen Automaton's wip build?
  16. Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    Lindsay, Ontario
    3 Days Ago  May 20, 2017, 10:38 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3491

Hunk a Junk said: View Post
    And the best news is that he's 1/48th scale -- just like the Bandai A-Wing!
    AND even better news!........I bought a Hasegawa 48th ground crew,....and I found Han! (sorry for the crappy pic!)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0647.JPG 
Views:	219 
Size:	2.34 MB 
ID:	730210
    2 Days Ago  May 21, 2017, 8:59 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3492

AND even better news!........I bought a Hasegawa 48th ground crew,....and I found Han! (sorry for the crappy pic!)Click image for larger version. 

Wow. Good likeness! Looks like it's from the Hasegawa 'Force Ten from Navarone' playset.

Name:	0.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	730287
    From
    Miamisburg, OH (near Dayton)
    2 Days Ago  May 21, 2017, 6:52 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3493

I think I probably have that same figure in my parts box.
  19. Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    Lindsay, Ontario
    2 Days Ago  May 21, 2017, 7:45 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3494

Sluis Van Shipyards said: View Post
    I think I probably have that same figure in my parts box.

His resembance to Han is uncanny!
    From
    NE, PA
    1 Day Ago  May 22, 2017, 6:53 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3495

I got my three AT-ST- Snowspeeder 1:144 two packs. If there is any doubt about the scale of either of these two, I think these pics speak for them selves when compared with the AT-AT driver 1:144 figure. I think they are perfect in scale with each other IMHO.

Lynn
    Last edited by Lynn TXP 0369; 1 Day Ago at 7:07 PM.
  21. Member Since
    Dec 2014
    From
    Vreden
    19 Hours Ago  May 23, 2017, 7:36 AM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3496

Hmmm... If you put the flatties flat on the ground they could double some victims that got stomped by the AT-AT!
    From
    NE, PA
    8 Hours Ago  May 23, 2017, 6:52 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3497

Modded the AT-ST's just a bit, I added the "tendon" on the back legs as they are lacking and I posed two walking for the diorama. One will be stock posed as that will be on the "vehicle" display self by themselves. I just did a simple rotate of the leg for the pose, I'm sure I could have got more creative by cutting it a part and what not, but I'm not doing it at this scale and this seems to work.

Again, these are quite photogenic to take pics of and can show a lot of attitude by the simple tilt of the head and what not.
    Lynn
  23. Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    Lindsay, Ontario
    4 Hours Ago  May 23, 2017, 10:06 PM - Re: Bandai release schedule #3498

OK!

I'm sold!

I GOTTA get me some of these liitle bad boys!

I can't believe Bandai actually made an ESB version for us to use with the other kits !