Bandai release schedule

Yes, they have arrived in the states. It shouldn't take more than a few more weeks to propagate to the rest of the country from the west coast.

I got my Tie Fighters 2 pack over the weekend and was a bit surprised to see the following defects on the Standard Tie's solar panels. For anyone else who has this kit, does yours have this issue?http://i.imgur.com/Vlp9YG3.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/2TgmAcy.jpg

Hey Derringer, you might want to pass this on to your contacts at Bandai. :(

There already is, the Red Leader X-Wing 1/72,1/144 combo set has been released here.

Chris

EDIT: unless you are referring to a kit that has the ANH markings and not meaning the design of the X-wing.

Yes, im referring to the OT version with a Death Star base stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my Tie Fighters 2 pack over the weekend and was a bit surprised to see the following defects on the Standard Tie's solar panels. For anyone else who has this kit, does yours have this issue?http://i.imgur.com/Vlp9YG3.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/2TgmAcy.jpg

just curious as I cant make it out, is this major warpping or is it a molding error in the plastic ? I had serious molderrors in the the panels of both the OT TIE and the FO TIE, best compared with freezing spots on glass, but painted its no longer visible

I've just started watching Rebels Season 2. It reminded me how much I'd like a 1/12 Chopper.

I was racking my brain as to what they could pair that with to make a decent kit and it struck me a 1/12 Chopper with 1/350 Ghost would be an awesome double pack!

I got my Tie Fighters 2 pack over the weekend and was a bit surprised to see the following defects on the Standard Tie's solar panels. For anyone else who has this kit, does yours have this issue?

Just arrived... auggghrr! Same issue here.

Tie.jpg

Exactly the same position and shape of those of Blade and Brush. For me, seems like a mold defect.

Last edited:
Annoying... I hope the dark paint makes it less visible.
More than annoying to me, a quality defect that should never have been released to the consumer.

Where I work we consider for every $ caused to a customer for a defect, the actual impact on your reputation (and lost sales) is considered 8x that.

Makes me wonder if Bandai wasn't in control of this special release?

Unless these types of defects start showing up in other kits, I think this should be considered a one-off problem. Compared to other kit producers -- AMT, Ertl, Revell, even Moebius and Fine Molds -- Bandai's kits have been state of the art and virtually error free. I mean, I remember buying Star Trek kits back in the 90s and as a matter of routine thinking, "Okay, what on this kit is wrong, how many flaws am I going to have to fix, how blah is the molding..." etc. I have 12-15 Bandai kits in my stash right now. I've examined every sprue and none of them have problems. For every other manufacturer this kind of problem is par for the course.

Unless these types of defects start showing up in other kits, I think this should be considered a one-off problem. Compared to other kit producers -- AMT, Ertl, Revell, even Moebius and Fine Molds -- Bandai's kits have been state of the art and virtually error free. I mean, I remember buying Star Trek kits back in the 90s and as a matter of routine thinking, "Okay, what on this kit is wrong, how many flaws am I going to have to fix, how blah is the molding..." etc. I have 12-15 Bandai kits in my stash right now. I've examined every sprue and none of them have problems. For every other manufacturer this kind of problem is par for the course.

I concur. I have 10 Bandai kits, 5 which are built and five still in the box. I bought and built two of the mini Star Destroyers, the Y-wing and Snowspeeder and all the kits, including those still in the box are of a detail and quality I have never seen before in model kits. I have built Moebius' Galactica ships and have a bunch of AMT/MPC and Revell kits that I have built over the years and all of those had mold flaws, warped or scratched parts and other issues that required fixing in one sort or another.

I will state that I did get all my Bandai kits from Japan, so unless there is a different mass production line for export that Bluefin is getting - this is probably just a rare, very rare glitch for them. Hopefully Bandai will make good on those who want a replacement.

just curious as I cant make it out, is this major warpping or is it a molding error in the plastic ? I had serious molderrors in the the panels of both the OT TIE and the FO TIE, best compared with freezing spots on glass, but painted its no longer visible

It isn't warping. It looks like the defective areas are getting stuck in the mold. Perhaps the sprues/runners are being ejected too quickly, i.e. while they are still hardening?

INVAR

I'm pretty sure Bluefin doesn't import the Vehicle Model line. My kit came from Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Bandai are farming out the vehicle line kits to another company for molding. I've heard stories about Chinese model companies demolding parts too soon to produce larger quantities, resulting in deformed parts.

My TIE Interceptor doesn't even have the swirl marks in the black wing panels that I've seen in other people's pics, mine are flawless.

I'm pretty sure Bluefin doesn't import the Vehicle Model line. My kit came from Japan.

Actually Bluefin in indeed importing ONLY the vehicle model line that began in December of last year. That said, it is indeed surprising that Bandai would let their QC drop with multiple kits with the defect on them. Hopefully that can be rectified with a replacement from Bandai.

Actually Bluefin in indeed importing ONLY the vehicle model line that began in December of last year. That said, it is indeed surprising that Bandai would let their QC drop with multiple kits with the defect on them. Hopefully that can be rectified with a replacement from Bandai.

You misunderstand. "Vehicle Model" is the name given to all of the tiny "box scale" kits: http://bandai-hobby.net/sw/jp/products/vm.html

I don't know why, but Bluefin doesn't appear to be importing those.

The palm size kits do not specify a scale on the box. The other kits that Bluefin is importing do specify the scale. They are larger and cost more than the palm sized kits. The palm sized kits have numbers like 006 on the box.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back