Bowcaster front

Marv

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Has anyone any other pictures of the ANH Bowcaster especially the front end.
Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on here?
Capture.JPG

Also does anyone happen to know if there is a name for the clamp/bracket part which is used to make up the front sight?

Not that I or any of the bowcaster freaks here are aware of. Wish someone did though! As to what's going on at the front there, I would guess it's just a screw through the bracket and front of the crossbow to stop the bracket from spinning.

Marcus did you make the clamp on the barrel, or is this something that can be found (has a name), I've been looking under 'pipe holder' 'pipe grip' clamp etc, It seems to be a little like a bracket you get on central heating pipes when its attached to the wall, but then again they're more claw like?

I'm afraid I have no idea what it is or what it's called. I spent a good few months looking then made my own.

The more I look at this piece I'm convinced it had to be off something else. A return spring flip this thing round at 90 degrees?

I'm sure the piece used on the front sight is a form of Memory clamp, but finding one close enough could be tricky!

Have been trying to draw up what I think the front support should look like (minus the spring return/stop on the back).
Marcus I'm assuming that you don't have the large washer on yours, and that the plate suffices?

I do have another drawing where this could be present, but think it would make the whole set up too wide?
sight mounting 001.jpg

Last edited:
Don´t have much to contribute reg. the front assembly, but the part, that the front sight "fins" are attached to surely looks like it could have something like this as a base (yes, a memory clamp):

132797.jpg

Markus

Look up wire cleat. Annoyingly they have weird sizing, so if you go for 16mm tube you are right in the middle. of Size 6 (15.2mm) or 7 (17mm).
Seven is just too big in diameter

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back