JayCVenlo's - Iron man Mark 43 Avengers 2 - Sintra and Fibreglass Build

JayCVenlo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi Everyone,

after working on my Mark VII last year, and not finishing it, i decided to continue Building.
This time i used a different base material for my pepakura build. Instead of paper i used Sintra PVC 2mm.
I will go for a smooth as possible and result. I respect all the foam build but it just not does the trick for me. I really want to achieve a screen used quality.
I also decided to make a tread for myself so fellow members can check this progress. Maybe it could help them and maybe some tips will be handed to me as well.

-Parts allready pepped:
Neck - Chest - Back - abs - Left arm - left leg - right forearm.
-Helmet and 3D printed arc reactor parts comes from Detour Props (Daniel) - This guy offers really great casts

Hopefully you will like my build. Comments or Tips/tricks are always welcome.
Here are some of the first pictures of the build.

Greetz

Jimmy

left leg build 1.JPGarc reactor on.JPGchest 1 bondo and sanded.JPGMK43 torso raw 2.JPGMK43 Back raw.JPGarc reactor off.JPGMK43_Torso raw 1.jpgmk43 chest primed.JPGglove 3.JPG

Attachments

• arc reactor off.JPG
    arc reactor off.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 500
  • chest 1 bondo and sanded.JPG
    chest 1 bondo and sanded.JPG
    305 KB · Views: 466
  • left leg build 1.JPG
    left leg build 1.JPG
    254.6 KB · Views: 495
  • MK43 Back raw.JPG
    MK43 Back raw.JPG
    296.1 KB · Views: 438
  • MK43 torso raw 2.JPG
    MK43 torso raw 2.JPG
    265.6 KB · Views: 558
Wow. Looks great. You planning to mold any of this? I'd be interested. In either casts, or even buying molds if you don't feel like messing with the hassle.

Wow. Looks great. You planning to mold any of this? I'd be interested. In either casts, or even buying molds if you don't feel like messing with the hassle.

Tnx.
i havent thought about recasting yet. I am first going to finish this baby and then we will see. Never see never

Update:
faceplate painted, helmet primed almost ready for paint:
Faceplate painted.JPG

Chest 3 out of 4 colors painted. (Airbrushing the silver with alclad 2 airframe aluminium, first time try)
After that the lines will be darkned and maybe some flight damage. (this i will decide in the final stage)
chest 3 of 4 colors-2.JPGchest 3 of 4 colors.JPG

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 425
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 355
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 431
Last edited:
Loving the build!
Thinking of using Sintra on mine!
Have you fibreglassed the inside like you would cardboard or just straight glue and then bondo on top?
Also hot glue gun to stick it all together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving the build!
Thinking of using Sintra on mine!
Have you fibreglassed the inside like you would cardboard or just straight glue and then bondo on top?
Also hot glue gun to stick it all together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I used fibreglas on the inside and bondo the outside. First with polyester putty, then fine putty, spray filler and primer.
i glued the pieced together with very thin en liquid industrial one second glue. It was really cheap bit it glue like hell. It has a really strong hold. (Also on fingers lol)
i dont like hot glue, because it might melt during the fibreglas stage with the risk some part come loose.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back