Destiny Warlock Build (Tengu Operant Helmet) Multi Costume/Weapons

BLACKULA727

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all! I just wanted to post up some quick pics of myDestiny Warlock/hunter/multi weapon build. I have to get 2 warlock suits and ahunter done by Dragoncon 2015. Hopefully I can do it. I figured posting thiswould get my butt in gear on the project : ) This is in the beginning stage so far. So there is a long road ahead :)

The helmet:
My buddy Jacob (JTM1997) created the 3d model for me. It was3d printed by friend Jim McCrea.
The model (Jacob does great work!)
received_825110427540462jpeg_zps2b1d6a17.jpg

The 3d print (Thanks Jim!)
IMAG2042_zps181c666c.jpg

IMAG2043_zpsd88612bc.jpg

IMAG2052_zps1c95eeb3.jpg

IMAG2053_zps17d82d9a.jpg

Start of body work:
IMAG2093_zpsd8cd71c4.jpg

IMAG2094_zpsf22d6b68.jpg

IMAG2100_zpsb410a60e.jpg

After a few hours of body work

IMAG2121_zpse8a926f8.jpg

IMAG2123_zps3f664b3f.jpg

IMAG2127_zps4c2fcd68.jpg

IMAG2128_zps624fa779.jpg

IMAG2129_zpsa15fb1df.jpg

IMAG2119_zpsfed0e6b8.jpg

So that’s where I’m at with the helmet. I’ll post a new message shortly with the Gjallahorn progress.

Thanks for viewing!

-Tony

received_825110427540462jpeg_zps2b1d6a17.jpg

IMAG2042_zps181c666c.jpg

IMAG2043_zpsd88612bc.jpg

IMAG2052_zps1c95eeb3.jpg

IMAG2053_zps17d82d9a.jpg

IMAG2093_zpsd8cd71c4.jpg

IMAG2094_zpsf22d6b68.jpg

IMAG2100_zpsb410a60e.jpg

IMAG2121_zpse8a926f8.jpg

IMAG2123_zps3f664b3f.jpg

IMAG2127_zps4c2fcd68.jpg

IMAG2128_zps624fa779.jpg

IMAG2129_zpsa15fb1df.jpg

IMAG2119_zpsfed0e6b8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello again! Here are some quick pics of the Gjallahorn progress. I know this is not 100% accurate. I actually don’t have a ton oftime, so I’m making it quick and dirty…lol :)

Quick and dirty slapdash construction pics:
IMAG1951_zps00da44c1.jpg

IMAG1955_zpsbe8da581.jpg

IMAG1976_zps527c2fb4.jpg

Ornamental Embelishments:
IMAG1980_zps294ee240.jpg

IMAG1981_zps0bcc0e3f.jpg

IMAG1982_zps871d26e0.jpg

IMAG1983_zps4381fa6c.jpg

IMAG1987_zpsb41da084.jpg

IMAG1988_zps61f440d6.jpg

IMAG2012_zps3a1608fe.jpg

IMAG2014_zps633b8198.jpg

IMAG2016_zps2ed1b9e6.jpg

Ready to mold:
IMAG2023_zps34b9a3c7.jpg

IMAG2024_zps5a46383f.jpg

Precious goo!
IMAG2030_zps0d89d4fe.jpg

Molds complete! (holla at me if you need quick and dirty embelishments for your G-horn!)
IMAG2031_zps121d9e8d.jpg

Getting there:
IMAG2033_zpscb2b6b05.jpg

IMAG2037_zps26547f7f.jpg

Well, I hope you all liked these :)

Thanks for viewing!

-Tony

IMAG1951_zps00da44c1.jpg

IMAG1955_zpsbe8da581.jpg

IMAG1976_zps527c2fb4.jpg

IMAG1980_zps294ee240.jpg

IMAG1981_zps0bcc0e3f.jpg

IMAG1982_zps871d26e0.jpg

IMAG1983_zps4381fa6c.jpg

IMAG1987_zpsb41da084.jpg

IMAG1988_zps61f440d6.jpg

IMAG2012_zps3a1608fe.jpg

IMAG2014_zps633b8198.jpg

IMAG2016_zps2ed1b9e6.jpg

IMAG2023_zps34b9a3c7.jpg

IMAG2024_zps5a46383f.jpg

IMAG2030_zps0d89d4fe.jpg

IMAG2031_zps121d9e8d.jpg

IMAG2033_zpscb2b6b05.jpg

IMAG2037_zps26547f7f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damm dude, that gjallarhorn is looking sick!! i have been wanting to make one myself for my Titan build. Great work!

Damm dude, that gjallarhorn is looking sick!! i have been wanting to make one myself for my Titan build. Great work!

Thanks Bro! let me know via pm if you need embellishments. I used 2 x 2' pieces of PVC, one is 3" and the other is 2".

I am amazed at the level of coolness!!! excellent work!!!! what did you use to make the molds? I see the original sculpts seem to be made out of clay, but the molds and the cast? Keep up the great work!

Are you able to connect me with the person who printed the mold out for you? I am very interested in getting my hands on a helmet if possible. Thank you. Or If you could share the 3D file? I could pay for it of course.

Last edited:
sick, sick build, love how you handled the details that's turning out to be a pretty great gjallie.

Thank you so much, I appreciate the kind words!

I am amazed at the level of coolness!!! excellent work!!!! what did you use to make the molds? I see the original sculpts seem to be made out of clay, but the molds and the cast? Keep up the great work!

Thanks bud, I used dragon skin fast for the silicone, I used EVA foam for retaining walls and Clay for the original sculpts.

Great sculpting work! It looks bang on.

Thanks so much, glad you like the project so far :) I will do my best to keep it up.

Are you able to connect me with the person who printed the mold out for you? I am very interested in getting my hands on a helmet if possible. Thank you. Or If you could share the 3D file? I could pay for it of course.

I commissioned the modeler to make the model. THe 3d file will not be available to the public. I will mold and cast the helmets when finished to recoup my project costs for a reasonable price. Sorry.

I do appreciate the kind words and the continued interest in the thread.

-Tony

I commissioned the modeler to make the model. THe 3d file will not be available to the public. I will mold and cast the helmets when finished to recoup my project costs for a reasonable price. Sorry.

-Tony

Understandable, I'm 100% interested in getting a cast once it's ready. Any idea when those would be available for sale? Trying to get started asap. Would like to ready for a con in July. :)

-Tony

I might be interested as well!

thanks dude, as I understand "dragon skin fast for the silicone" means dragon skin fast was what you applied to the clay to form the mold right? (hehehehe sorry, I'm a noob to molding and casting)

Understandable, I'm 100% interested in getting a cast once it's ready. Any idea when those would be available for sale? Trying to get started asap. Would like to ready for a con in July. :)

I'm pretty sure I can start the molding process on this mid February and ultimately finish a week from the start of molding. Maybe sooner. I should be able to focus on this project more now that I'm finished molding my Hylian shield project.

I might be interested as well!

Glad to see there is an interest. Please see above for the estimated molding time line. I will keep everyone posted.

thanks dude, as I understand "dragon skin fast for the silicone" means dragon skin fast was what you applied to the clay to form the mold right? (hehehehe sorry, I'm a noob to molding and casting)

Yes sir, I had a bunch lying around :)

Wow, it's looking really awesome! I'm just in the beginning stages of starting up my gjally build. Thanks for the inspiration!

Thank you my friend and glad I could inspire. Let me know if you need any embellishments via PM :)

Thanks again everyone for the kind comments and hopefully I can get some more progress pictures up shortly.

-Tony

Hey dude you said you offered the embellishments of your jellyhorn i am interested a they look really awesome if i could could buy some off of you and also get the exact measurements of the piece i.e. pvc and the handle and top.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey dude you said you offered the embellishments of your jellyhorn i am interested a they look really awesome if i could could buy some off of you and also get the exact measurements of the piece i.e. pvc and the handle and top.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Hey dude you said you offered the embellishments of your jellyhorn i am interested a they look really awesome if i could could buy some off of you and also get the exact measurements of the piece i.e. pvc and the handle and top

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Hey dude you said you offered the embellishments of your jellyhorn i am interested a they look really awesome if i could could buy some off of you and also get the exact measurements of the piece i.e. pvc and the handle and top

Yes, I does...lol. Contact me via PM. I believe the PVC pipes are each 2' long and one pipe is a 3" and the other is a 2". I used a 3" to 2" joining piece (i forget what you call them)

Thanks and let me know.

-Tony

Thats awesome dude! thanks for the measurements is there any way you can get me the measurements for the lower and upper eva pieces though? that would be great!

Thats awesome dude! thanks for the measurements is there any way you can get me the measurements for the lower and upper eva pieces though? that would be great!

I've started building a jellyhorn as well, and I'm using this pic as reference: http://www.destinypedia.com/File:Destiny_Gjallarhorn.jpg The top of it says it's 48.46" long, so I just took it into illustrator, blew it up to its full size, and then printed it for easy measurements.

I've started building a jellyhorn as well, and I'm using this pic as reference: http://www.destinypedia.com/File:Destiny_Gjallarhorn.jpg The top of it says it's 48.46" long, so I just took it into illustrator, blew it up to its full size, and then printed it for easy measurements.

Thanks for your help! I meant to do post that link too. :)

So.......It's been a minute. Not a tremendous amount completed. It's been really cold and busy at my job. But here are a few more pics to show is current progress. I think I'll be able to mold the helmet soon :)

I just have to keep grinding out the uglies and it will soon be on to molding certain parts.

Thanks again for viewing the threads guys!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back