Need help with finishing painting Loki Mask

Casanovanick

Hello,

Need some help of the die hard Loki mask prop fans:cool
I've been painting my Loki Mask and made the chopper nose bluish.
But what would be better, keeping it like this or make it greyish?
And for the rest of the mask, shall I add more brown shades?

Thanks :D altAq7CmbSzXtw69pmjuRk95n4znW5G3qRwmMgduWE0FfL_.jpg

The green in the reference looks more like an olive green. You could probably go over yours with a thin brown wash or mix up a different shade and repaint over it. The contrast between the green and the brown looks more subtle on the reference. The right brow and under the right cheek are the most noticeable.

The green in the reference looks more like an olive green. You could probably go over yours with a thin brown wash or mix up a different shade and repaint over it. The contrast between the green and the brown looks more subtle on the reference. The right brow and under the right cheek are the most noticeable.

Okay thanks! I'll try that :D
And what about it's chopper nose, shall I repaint it completely grey? And later wash it with different shades of blue?
Or keep it grey, just like this other screen used loki Mask.

d.JPG

It must be the lighting because the colors look way different between the 2 reference photos. The green you used matches closer to the color in the new picture. For the nose, I don't think it should be grey. It looks to be representing aged metal. Look at pictures of weathered/aged copper. I think what you achieved in your paint job looks pretty close.

It must be the lighting because the colors look way different between the 2 reference photos. The green you used matches closer to the color in the new picture. For the nose, I don't think it should be grey. It looks to be representing aged metal. Look at pictures of weathered/aged copper. I think what you achieved in your paint job looks pretty close.

I'll try to give it an extra more brown wash tomorrow :)

And btw, the reference pictures are both different screen used mask, both paint jobs are different, the other one is more greenish while the other one is more brownish.
The other one has a grey chopper nose and the other bluish

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back