NEW MOVIE: THE GOLDEN COMPASS

Juno did her own version of the main prop, (a true work of art), and there should be an official replica ready when the movie will came out... But until then, I don't think we'll see many other props...:D

Ooh! I saw the Alethiometer that Juno was making based on the book cover, but I totally missed that pocketwatch. I love it! I'm a big fan of "practical" props in general.

Hi Everyone!

I saw this thread and wanted to let you know that Master Replicas has picked up the Master License for the Golden Compass and we have many great props in store for you! I actually saw the original Alethiometer from the movie floating around here at the office. It is amazing! This will be one of the first items we bring to market so stay tuned!

Hey Amy - I posted on the MR boards about the enterprise - I have a LE Enterprise on order and wanted to see if they've all been shipped to vendors yet?

Thanks, Todd

Hi Todd,

I don't believe that all of the Enterprises have shipped out yet. We are still getting another shipment in but I do not have a date as of now. I will try to find out and get back to you.

Hey Amy - I posted on the MR boards about the enterprise - I have a LE Enterprise on order and wanted to see if they've all been shipped to vendors yet?

Thanks, Todd

Hi Everyone!

I saw this thread and wanted to let you know that Master Replicas has picked up the Master License for the Golden Compass and we have many great props in store for you! I actually saw the original Alethiometer from the movie floating around here at the office. It is amazing! This will be one of the first items we bring to market so stay tuned!

I can't wait to see!! One of my favourite book series, I'm really excited about the movie.

Just came back from POC 3: AWE. The trailer for "Golden Compass" is attached. I saw the alethiometer in the trailer and it looks great. A bit different than the book version as Juno and others have pointed out, but cool all the same. Looks like a fun movie to catch, with lots of prop possibilities.

I saw the movie piece and it looks p[retty nice. Juno did a really nice rendition herself, I will be looking forward to getting one of these. From a Toy Fair 2007 reviewer;

"Corgi also is previewing its extensive launch of product tied to The
Golden Compass, the first chapter in Philip Pullman's sophisticated
young-adult fantasy trilogy His Dark Materials. The much-awaited film
from New Line and Scholastic about 12-year-old Lyra Belacqua's
journey to the Northern Lights to rescue a kidnapped friend features shape-
shifting animal familiars, talking armored polar bears, and dozens of
intriguing characters, which will be represented in products for both
kids and adults, Allen says.

"This is a huge deal for us on a number of levels," he adds. "We're really, really excited about it--it has the most beautiful style guide I've ever seen." New products for kids in 2007 will include character action figures; a battle-bear figure set; a digital pet that incorporates the idea of animal familiars inside a toy compass; large talking plush, smaller bean-bag plush and inside-out "shape-shifting" animal plush; role-play costumes; a board game and collectible trading cards. For adults, expect high-end prop replicas of the spy flies used in the film and the alethiometer itself, the titular "compass,” as well as detailed character statues and die-casts that feature "stunning likenesses," Allen says.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back