Looking to acquire Back to the future 2 jacket, options/opinions?

- - - Updated - - -

My bad. Yes.

It will really depend on what type of material is it. Some used hot glue for attaching the draw material. When I did mine, it was cast silicone and probably the closest to screen accurate around as it was made the same way the film one was, just I used silicone, not latex.

Attachments

• 20150414_224604.jpg
    20150414_224604.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 70
It will really depend on what type of material is it. Some used hot glue for attaching the draw material. When I did mine, it was cast silicone and probably the closest to screen accurate around as it was made the same way the film one was, just I used silicone, not latex.

It's latex. index.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Would my local tailor be able to do it?

That does look good. I hope it comes with the pockets. What I don't like about latex is that , because it is organic, it breaks down as dries out. It basically crumbles. A gel glue would be fine. You would probably have to do it stages. With my silicone version, I can glue it using caulking silicone.

That does look good. I hope it comes with the pockets. What I don't like about latex is that , because it is organic, it breaks down as dries out. It basically crumbles. A gel glue would be fine. You would probably have to do it stages. With my silicone version, I can glue it using caulking silicone.

I don't think it comes with the pockets...just what's in the pic. It's $80 on amazon.

It is almost defeats the purpose of buying it then. You need two fronts (with pockets) and one back with no seam.

Wouldn't I be able to cut holes in the material where the HC jacket pockets could go through them? I think the is material actually one big sheet of the latex.

Wouldn't I be able to cut holes in the material where the HC jacket pockets could go through them? I think the is material actually one big sheet of the latex.

You still need there rectangles that seem to be cut out on the photo to lay them over the pockets of the HC jacket. If the actual sheet is a single piece, you will be fine. I'd be contacting the seller and asking the questions.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back