Looking to acquire Back to the future 2 jacket, options/opinions?

Got mine to day in the UK , I wish this had been out a long time ago it would have saved me A LOT of trouble. Its not without its issues. The sizing is a bit small but my main gripe is that the red fabric is wrong and if they have gone to the trouble of making it look like that rubber mat people use on diy jackets why not make it look like the real stuff , i wonder if they actually looked at a diy jacket using that fabric and thought that was how the real one was !.. everything else is pretty much spot on for what it is.

What's your chest size, and what size jacket did you get?

What does the sound module say? How loud is it?

Can the pocket flaps be length-adjusted?

They may not actually know how to make the real body panels.

The only real glaring flaw is the body material. And the sleeves are a little shiny.

Everything else is very well done. Especially for a sub-$200 USD price.

yeah, well these are a bit important x) Especially the red material. I think the shape is a tad too straight too. I always thought that Marty's jacket looked more like a bomber jacket in term of shape.

yeah, well these are a bit important x) Especially the red material. I think the shape is a tad too straight too. I always thought that Marty's jacket looked more like a bomber jacket in term of shape.

I still don't think HC knows how to make the body. If they were educated on it, maybe they put out a nearly perfect jacket next year.

I always tended to think of it as a varsity cut jacket.

I still don't think HC knows how to make the body. If they were educated on it, maybe they put out a nearly perfect jacket next year.

I always tended to think of it as a varsity cut jacket.

Yes, I think the only person who got the shape right was kevinericon. Even Markpoon's jackets are a tad too straight to me, even though everything else looks good x)

That's Kevins:

BTTF%20Marty%20future%20jacket%2002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm familiar with that one. It's very nice looking. I just don't trust the body material long-term, since it's foam on fabric.

Well, I don't think Markpoon will last either on the long term due to the sleeves. i mean even the originals didn't make it really. Which is why it's a complicated jacket to reproduce to be honest. I think Kevins will last longer because it's fabric though, and there's a strong lining. I actually sent him my lining, he's a really cool guy, and accepted a payment plan for mine, so that's a plus x) The only real thing to change would be the belt and cuff, but he made them detachable, in case we want to swap them for something more accurate.

Anyway, that's mine, I am waiting on my V3, but when I got them, I'll totally make some pictures of the whole outfit :)

DSC_02137.jpg

Well, I don't think Markpoon will last either on the long term due to the sleeves. i mean even the originals didn't make it really. Which is why it's a complicated jacket to reproduce to be honest. I think Kevins will last longer because it's fabric though, and there's a strong lining. I actually sent him my lining, he's a really cool guy, and accepted a payment plan for mine, so that's a plus x) The only real thing to change would be the belt and cuff, but he made them detachable, in case we want to swap them for something more accurate.

Anyway, that's mine, I am waiting on my V3, but when I got them, I'll totally make some pictures of the whole outfit :)

https://s16.postimg.org/ok30u32yt/DSC_02137.jpg

Oh my, that looks great! I saw that version has the fabric sleeves, helping with the heat and longevity; that was pretty smart thinking.

Am I correct to believe that version does not come with the sound board? Do you think the raised surface on the body material will chip off, or how do you imagine the jacket will fail?

I can't wait to see your complete outfit!

Oh my, that looks great! I saw that version has the fabric sleeves, helping with the heat and longevity; that was pretty smart thinking.

Am I correct to believe that version does not come with the sound board? Do you think the raised surface on the body material will chip off, or how do you imagine the jacket will fail?

I can't wait to see your complete outfit!

Sadly it does not come with sounds, but it could easily be installed I think, as the belt is detachable. The bits at the extremities are attached to the belt, but could be unglued maybe or cut out (just half of it is glued on). I am personally hoping that TheNickFox will finish its accurate belt and cuff, so I can install them :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, in real life it actually has the same color that on screen, which is quite cool. And it has the "folds" near the belt and the cuff like on screen too, which is pretty good. I actually really love that jacket, and you can't beat the price either for that type of accuracy.

4(1).jpg

New belt and cuff and some sound, and I think I might just stick with this one, did I say it was extremely comfortable too? It just feels like a varsity jacket once worn x)

Yes, in real life it actually has the same color that on screen, which is quite cool. And it has the "folds" near the belt and the cuff like on screen too, which is pretty good. I actually really love that jacket, and you can't beat the price either for that type of accuracy.

http://www.cinemafia.ru/upload/images/BackToTheFuture/4(1).jpg

New belt and cuff and some sound, and I think I might just stick with this one, did I say it was extremely comfortable too? It just feels like a varsity jacket once worn x)

I would have preferred the real color. When you wear it, the rest of your clothes won't be color graded to match.

Received my HC jacket today. At first glance it's not too bad. I think it's a step up from their last one. Yes it's not screen accurate but the sound effects are quite good and it's pretty comfy. Will do a better review later on once I've had a play around. One thing I've noticed though is for some reason the material has a funny smell. Not bad just 'funny'

https://s16.postimg.org/ok30u32yt/DSC_02137.jpg

amazing. thats the best jacket i've seen other than that screen accurate one someone on here made a few years back with the actual latex rubber arms and collars etc.
This one looks beautiful,really high quality.

Are these all gone now?
thanks

I'm prepared to do a short run of the fabric in red silicone over black polycloth if anyone is interested. The sheet would be as large as 1KG of rubber gets which should be almost 1200mm x 1200mm. Once done, it can be rolled up and mailed.

I'm prepared to do a short run of the fabric in red silicone over black polycloth if anyone is interested. The sheet would be as large as 1KG of rubber gets which should be almost 1200mm x 1200mm. Once done, it can be rolled up and mailed.

How much would you think of charging for this?

So first mod done. Removed the zipper, straightforward. The pockets are adjustable but not very much. In fact I don't like the way they've made the pockets but you can adjust them satisfactory. The sound effects are all built into the button unit. It's fairly loud and sounds good but the lights don't sequence and then you press for the sound, you just press one of the buttons and get either the size adjust or drying mode and the light flashes while the effect is running. The sound box and alternate box on the opposite side are quite chunky. The jacket does fit well and is comfy though I got a large when I'm usually an XL but as I'm quite tall the length is perfect for me. The faux leather on the sleeves etc is quite shiny but should be durable. The red part of the jacket is made well but if you're keen on screen accurate then it would be a bit of a let down for you but looks good from a distance. The tabs that hold up the bellows on the sleeves are also made of leather so don't look accurate but should be durable. The cuffs and bottom of the jacket could really use some add on corrugated pipe but will satisfy me for now until I do some more mods. Overall happy for the price i paid and even with it's inaccuracies still a decent costume jacket

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back