EP VII Millennium Falcon

tumblr_m7eqq6HPD01qg22oh.gif

Everytime I check this thread out, you've done something new and beautiful. I think I may be falling in love with this newer looking Falcon.

by the way, I know there's an official Haynes manual of the Falcon, but I actually mocked up my own for these renders. May be the first version to feature the new dish.

attachment.php

Attachments

• cover.png
    cover.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,623
your 1% would be better than my 100%. I wish I had computer skills... I can barely operate the basic features on my "smart" phone! LOL

hmm interesting. looks like we have some new panel arrangements and coloration on the port rear quarter... odd because the rim of that quarter replicates the 5' model down to which panels are bent up, and yet the panels around the access pit there are very different.

renders forthcoming.

this is basically how the new layout is looking. I'm still figuring things out, but it's definitely different. Guess Han had to go back down to the old Pull-Your-Part lot for some replacements.

on top is the 5' model, below is mine. The terrible color job is just to show the new red panel there.

attachment.php

attachment.php

and here's the whole thing.

attachment.php

Attachments

• example 2.jpg
    example 2.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 2,391
  • example.png
    example.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,551
  • falcon flight 7.jpg
    falcon flight 7.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 2,371
Great sighting!! Really cant wait to see what other changes they've made to her. I have a feeling since its probably CG the changes will be minimal..... Hopefully.

definitely seems minimal. This is a very loving "new" version of the falcon. Some details have been stylized, like the sides of the docking ring boxes, but not too much. Just enough to make this a unique version, without ruining things.

Last edited:
Woah! You did this on sketchup??? What are these choice plugins you are using? Im hunting in the extension warehouse right now. On another topic. I was recently watching the behind the scenes of Gravity and the motion control rigs they used to film Sandra Bullock and George Clooney with have an incredible range of motion. I was definitely wishing to see some next gen motion control in these new movies so there was some disappointment seeing a cg falcon but I think I'll get over it.

I miss my old computer that had 3DS Max 6... I've been trying things in blender, but I'm lost in the interface and workflow.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back