EP VII Millennium Falcon

Also, I did a bunch of work on the rear side walls (though it sure doesn't feel like much)

it feels very much like they vaguely referenced the 5' model at first, with those eight vent sort of details right near the main exhaust, and then went all super-mario with the pipes for the rest of it. What I have here doesn't even touch on the serious pipe-based greebling going on in this area on the new Falcon.

attachment.php

Attachments

• back to work 4.jpg
    back to work 4.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 163
  • back to work 4.jpg
    back to work 4.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,656
After you finish this amazing work can't you just send the whole thing to Shapeways in 5 ft measurements. Someone buy one and then cast and sell that bad boy?????

Sounds easy. :)
Or even can it be milled out of a tough foam board, if you could get the finer details right it would be amazing , even looking at this as a white 3d object it's a piece of art, I have my falcons all hanging like paintings on the wall of my office , image the 5 footer , over the stairs LOL

Last edited:
is there a list somewhere of all the changes with the new falcon>? the model work done in this thread is mind blowing...

a list might be a bit tricky, it might be best to distinguish between definite and subtle changes.

for instance the dish is a definite change, the new red panel in the rear port quarter is a definite change, but there are more subtle proportional changes to the body and paneling that are a little harder to catalogue.

a list might be a bit tricky, it might be best to distinguish between definite and subtle changes.

for instance the dish is a definite change, the new red panel in the rear port quarter is a definite change, but there are more subtle proportional changes to the body and paneling that are a little harder to catalogue.

The subtle changes may be harder to catalogue but It's exciting to see the differences in the bits and pieces found. I'm following this thread with a keen eye. :)

thanks!

here's an update. at this point I'm just a few pipes and greebles short of finishing the forward port quarter altogether.

90% of the texturing here is projected directly from the Bob Igers cover shoot. Vfxsup64, I used your orthographic image of the 5' Falcon yet again, to fill in the missing DNA.

attachment.php

Attachments

• fcolor3.jpg
    fcolor3.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 1,183
got some more detailing in.

looks like the access pits in the mandibles are still very faithful to the 5' Falcon, with just a bit of extra pipes and bypasses added, presumably, over the years.

most of the details I just put in on the port mandible sidewall are grabbed from my replica of the ANH fullscale falcon, so they're kind of funky. There's definitely some kind of Wankel replica hinted at in the Fortune magazine cover. All the details I can see peeping up over the edge of the sidewall fit the rotary kit part, but that's basically all I know about that sidewall. I just couldn't stand looking at the blank slate there.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• fcolor4.jpg
    fcolor4.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 1,090
  • fcolor5.jpg
    fcolor5.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 1,074
Is this something you will use to build an actual model or is it just going to exist in the computer????

Looking sweet BTW.

Tom

I have no practical model making skills at all, and it would take a monumental effort (and frankly a fortune) to make this a printable model. I think the idea is to have a model as accurate as possible to the new Falcon that can be used as reference for other folks. And also so I can daydream about making fully rendered action sequences.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back