EP VII Millennium Falcon

figured it out. Food processor.

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-3055.jpg

a wedding gift no doubt...

Back in August last year, images of the Falcon's interior leaked onto the internet. At the time, I did a perspective match of one of the images, and noticed something interesting about the layout. From the leaked image, it was apparent to me that the production crew was following the exact same layout designed by Roger Christian on A New Hope, and Empire. The model of the interior I'd already built from production blueprints from the 70's and 80's fit perfectly. Except for a spare bit of corridor, that seemed to be a new addition to the interior we'd seen before .

Working with the perspective match, that spare bit of corridor seemed to fit at the end of the main ring of corridors, creating a T-intersection if you were to take a left after climbing the ramp into the Falcon.

ep7.png

just a few days ago, on May 4th, a video was released by Vanity Fair, covering a photoshoot in the interior of the new Falcon.

at the 13 second mark, I noticed a bit of corridor serving as a backdrop.

falcon%2Bep7%2Bcorridors.jpg

at first glance this looks like a view standing in the cockpit corridor, looking toward the main ring of corridors, much like this shot from the new trailer, with BB-8

bb8peeking.png

but notice that in the first shot, the ladderway, which would be visible if this were the same area, is missing.

I'm feeling pretty confident at this point, that what we're seeing is the new corridor I speculated about back in August.

This is a model of the corridor layout as it seems to be from what we've seen so far. I can't wait to see if I'm right, and to get to see more never-before seen interior spaces of the Falcon!

layout.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You are doing this in sketchup? I didn't think that it could do this detailed work. I've been using Lightwave for years. I'm impressed.

I can't really get my head around that big new greeble. What could that be, functionally? It seems to glow off and on, from the Force for Change video, and it's shape has an engery-pack feel to it. But what would you need something like that in the cockpit for? Really just seems like an elbow hazard to me...

That's the hatch where you put the Liquid Schwartz!

Can you do an overlay with the outer body of the Falcon on top of your interior model? It doesn't look like the interior actually lines up with the exterior.

The interior & exterior of the OT Falcon are irreconcilable. The exterior set was only 2/3rds big enough to hold the interior set overall. Even if you blow up the exterior to the interior's size (which they appear to have done for Ep#7) there are some things that still cannot be reconciled at any size.

I was kind of hoping they would come up with a new version of the Falcon where everything reconciles for the new trilogy. The changes required would be blasphemy around here, but the casual-to-medium SW fan would never notice. It's mostly just monkeying with how the hallways intersect the rooms inside.

Or if a fully matching interior/exterior proved too difficult, then maybe they could have split the difference and at least pushed things a few steps in that direction. Most of the public can remember the cockpit, the front main room, and maybe the smuggling compartments under the floors. The rest is just vague recollections of some curved hallways.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back