32" Falcon Question

DaveG

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Has anyone found a nibbler tool that cuts the correct size notches for plating panels on a 32" SS Millennium Falcon?
Thanks!

I don't think you can get one to cut the smaller 32" notches..I looked into it when I built mine, and it seems they were all cut by hand, so that's what I did...
Takes a while, but it's gotta be done.. :)

Cheers, Phil

Dave Beasley, one of the original Star Wars model makers who remained at Apogee, showed me the nibbler he used when I worked there. He said it was the same one to create the notches on the Falcon portions that he worked on. It was a standard hand nibbler. I bought the same one, and I still have mine:

Klein Tools, Inc., Part No. 76011B

FWIW

Hmmm, the Klein nibbler cuts is 1/4" wide which seems right for the larger Falcon but too wide for the 32 incher. I might just have to try making a custom width nibbler.

True; this was the one used for the original Falcon, not the 32" version (I misread the topic title.) But if you have the ability to work with tool steel, you can easily make your own cutter for various nibblers.

I would say 1/4" is too wide, the parts on mine I have all done by hand, like Phil says it takes a long time but it has to be done.

Great. I was going to try the same thing, grinding the cutter down in width and making a new female die plate. Glad to see it work! Cheers.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back