T Track research thread

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ever since I found those Otis boards I've been looking into elevator parts. I'm in an old building with old Otis elevators for work. Inside, as wall detail are these black plastic strips. I looked at a broken one and they seem to only be flat. Has anyone seen t shaped detail on interiors? Also, where have people found real track, albeit innacurate?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    585.4 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
They have been tracks for sliding drawers in cheap office furniture.

I have found some brown one that were much too large. Several others have found some that were much closer in appearance to the screen-used tracks, but no perfect match. AFAIK, all of them were also from old furniture or old stock of furniture tracks.
The closest one must have been Marv's: these have the groove at the bottom and a somewhat trapezoidal fin, but the fin is too high and the base is too thin.

Last edited:
Unfortunately so far no one has found the exact t-track. A comparison of the found items so far:

t-tracks.jpg

t-tracks 02.jpg

I noticed there's a 'screen-used' E-11 being offered up for auction ... and JKNO stated those T-tracks can't be original because the holes are partly visible thus concluded must have been added lateron ... however on close inspection they do not appear the same height as Marv's ... or do they?

And if not Marv's ... and genuine T-track ... where did they come from?

Chaim

There are qui9te many t-track variants out there, see my post above. Though from that bad photo they look like Marv ones

Except for Marv's I have all variants here ... ahum including anodised aluminum and real metal T-track from old cupboards originating from a house in Australia ;) ... looking at this current E-11 for sale in the junkyard :

(Courtesy Snowmann)

I'd say those were Marv's (see the one T-track on top) ... and they differ quite a lot from the 'genuine' E-11 on ebay ... don't you agree?

Chaim

This saber's grips were made from old, British cupboard T Track...it even had little nail holes drilled into it.....you can see the white strip in the first 2 pics. ...wish i'd kept it now......although, i don't think it's as tall as it should be.

Rich003.JPG001.JPG005.JPG004.JPG007.JPG

This is good, thanks everyone! I just saw a half inch strip of ABS and got excited. I wish there were specific types of ****ty cabinets we should be looking for :D

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed there's a 'screen-used' E-11 being offered up for auction ... and JKNO stated those T-tracks can't be original because the holes are partly visible thus concluded must have been added lateron ... however on close inspection they do not appear the same height as Marv's ... or do they?

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/T-trackE-11_zps0dcfdd19.jpg

And if not Marv's ... and genuine T-track ... where did they come from?

Chaim

I'd say this isn't Marv's ...It looks to be a half inch wide, whether replica or the real deal.

Apparently the T-track on the blaster which has been sold in the Junkyard was custom found metal Track from a DIY store ... not Marv's. See picture post #6

Chaim

Apparently the T-track on the blaster which has been sold in the Junkyard was custom found metal Track from a DIY store ... not Marv's. See picture post #6

Chaim

That's why I asked in that thread if those metal t-tracks are removable, Marv's t-tracks are million times better, so for an accurate E-11 you really need to change the metal ones the Sterling comes with. BTW the E-11 in the junkyard also has the cocking handle reversed (maybe it can be fixed), but since it is sold why bother posting again there, if you know what I mean...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back