New Toho Godzilla film

Not only that but they have Godzilla being released on the PS4 in the US as well.

So this Godzilla will remain a Japanese Godzilla with the rubber suits and all? I'm down as long as I don't get a Final Wars 2

Not only that but they have Godzilla being released on the PS4 in the US as well.

So this Godzilla will remain a Japanese Godzilla with the rubber suits and all? I'm down as long as I don't get a Final Wars 2

It will probably be a new series of Godzilla movies, so I'm thinking something more like The Return of Godzilla or Godzilla 2000, back to basics with maybe one major enemy, rather than throwing everything and the kitchen sink in there.
I thought the latest US Godzilla movie was great, but I'm excited to be getting more Japanese ones again. It better be a dude in a rubber suit!

Bout time! Final Wars was a real stinker to leave me with all these years.
Guess I have to buy one of them new fangled Playstations too.

Glad to see that Toho is going to keep making the franchise instead of letting it go to waste. I never saw Final Wars, sounds like i'm lucky lol

TOHO's Godzilla Film Begins Production

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/04/tohos-godzilla-film-begins-production/

Filming for Godzilla 2016, the first Godzilla film produced by Japan's TOHO studio since 2004, has begun filming.
Reports are coming in from Japan that Godzilla 2016 will be shooting exterior shots at Kamata Railway Station in Tokyo. Filming notices in that location indicate that scenes being shot will include a large number of extras running for their lives.
The notices also reveal that the films working title is Shin Gojira, which can mean New Godzilla or True Godzilla when translated in English.
God Warrior Appears in Tokyo filmmakers Hideaki Anno and Shinji Higuchi will collaborate once again to co-direct Godzilla 2016, based on a script written by Anno.

Japan's New Godzilla Is Going to Be a Special Effects First

Higuchi’s special-effects techniques were amply demonstrated in “Attack on Titan,” a new release received favorably in Japan.
The work combines computer graphics with manipulating a towering doll of rippling red muscle that resembles a giant biological anatomy chart, as well as special-effects filmmaking, using actors moving through miniatures, to depict grotesquely enlarged humans.
Applying to Godzilla that kind of technology, which Higuchi calls “hybrid,” has never been attempted in Japan. Higuchi is promising just that.

And this was spotted recently....

11205095_936842323054891_339175232847832356_n.jpg

Glad to see that Toho is going to keep making the franchise instead of letting it go to waste. I never saw Final Wars, sounds like i'm lucky lol

Imagine every bad thing about the sixties and seventies Godzilla films wadded up into one horrific spitball of bad movies....yea hell of a way to celebrate sixty years!

Glad they're doing more Gojira,looking forward to it :D

Anno (Evangelion) is co-directing and he tweeted this:

Looks like they're taking a step back to 1954 with Godzilla and frankly this thing looks terrifying.

It looks like they're trying to make a dude in a suit look like the 2014 US Godzilla. Maybe it's just a weird angle. I can't wait to see some actual footage.

There's a "tease" on Japanese Youtube,you don't see Godzilla but you hear him.

It is Godzilla 1954 all over again they really are reaching back for this one it looks like-good! I hope this movie is great :D

*ETA*

The poster says "Japan Vs. Godzilla"

Last edited by a moderator:
Just hearing that classic 'Zilla roar is exciting! Really anticipating what they're gonna do with this, and with today's tech, I'm curious as to how it'll look with a man in a lizard get-up again (hopefully nothing like the Attack on Titan stuff that I've seen).

I had high hopes given the creator of Evangelion was involved into i saw that shaky cam BS. First we influence the japanese game industry for the worst and now we've tainted their movie industry with this crap.

We'll see. The design is creepy. But how do you make a giant monster creepy. It isn't sneaking around peering at you with those beady eyes. And shaky cam in a trailer isn't a good way to get me excited. It would worry me more than anything. But I enjoyed Cloverfield so this might be a guilty pleasure for me

The trailer to me looks like a real early part of filming,maybe even just done for the tease trailer so I'm not really taking anything from it except it's an announcement of the upcoming film.

It's just a little teaser, so I wouldn't read much into shaky cam and all that.
It will be very much a Japanese Godzilla and I would bet they are going for the most terrifying incarnation
of G yet.

It's just a little teaser, so I wouldn't read much into shaky cam and all that.
It will be very much a Japanese Godzilla and I would bet they are going for the most terrifying incarnation
of G yet.

It looks like 1954 and THAT film ain't a trip in the rose garden,as a kid and with the American version I never got that but you watch the original Japanese and yikes that movie is a bit depressing,so is the second one.

......Good lord that thing looks,um,very....I dunno reminds me of Godzilla in the Destroya film when he was melting down almost like the radiation is eating him alive.

Cranks the creep factor way up,gonna be an interesting film at the very least.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back