DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

Re: DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion

I would rather they not be anodized black. Simple painting can achieve the same effect if desired while leaving the aluminum finish for those who would rather have it.

I seem to recall that the ROTJ flash hiders were machined from black delrin. There was a member here who assembled a blaster from leftovers from the production. I'm sorry, I don't recall who that was...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a quick pic of my Hoth FH I bought from Michael/Lichtbringer a few years back, no step, no knurling.

P1060019.JPG

I seem to recall that the ROTJ flash hiders were machined from black delrin. There was a member here who assembled a blaster from leftovers from the production. I'm sorry, I don't recall who that was...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...only the Stembridge ROTJ blaster, the others had aluminum hiders

I am fine with your offer David, black resin hiders w/o knurling ...might even take one of ea. other HOTH version you're offering

Markus

I need to see renderings of the options, but I'm sure that I'd prefer the material be aluminum.

If this was the only flash hider of it's kind in ESB it was more likely just turned on a lathe from a piece of black plastic rather than machined and then cast.

I dunno man, it seems like (to me, anyway) the first thing they used a lathe for in a hero prop capacity was Luke's Jedi lightsaber. Maybe the Luke/Ben stunt negates that. Maybe you're right, then. Maybe I just talked myself out of what I just said. Ha!

Well there ya go. I suppose it's possible this flash hider was a custom machined part, however crude it may look.

Still though, did they not have a knurling tool?

If you will be offering the Hoth flash hider in aluminium, I will go that route, and weather it myself using Aluminium bluing solution I think. If not I will take the anodized part :)

One thing I noticed.. I don't think the gap should be as wide between the knurling on the 2 band version as is illustrated in your line drawing? :unsure imho.

Thanks Boba :)

For the Hoth flash hider, I'd prefer unfinished aluminum with one band of knurling. I like the idea of negative knurling and adding black paint or Aluminum black.

Yeah, some black paint probably got up on the rim of the hider in some or most of the spots.

I would like to discuss the scope brackets

We pretty much nailed the Bespin Bracket in my last project

But now we need to figure out the Hoth Bracket which is shorter and wider then the Bespin Version.

Last edited:
Re: DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Scope Bracket Starts at POST 111

Hey David

do you still have the pics and measurements of the thorens disc I sent you? We should be able to scale up an accurate scope mount based on these informations. I scratched one from 3mm thick aluminum L-profile, just the check the overall dimensions

Markus

Re: DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Scope Bracket Starts at POST 111

I have an actual disk but are we positive that I want to be positive before I use it as a reference

Do you have a really good side view of the bracket?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back