DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

Or, it could be this part...
aca5ef461c25ed628b81f282f875f94a.jpg

Edit: Does anyone know how long the original screws that attached the Thorens disc to the rest of that assembly are? I remember seeing a pic of that whole assembly once, maybe someone can find it.

I do, I have the complete bearing, and the originals are really short - but they didn´t use them, wrong head.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that those are thick brass replacements because the flat disc isn't stable enough or strong enough or someting.

It´s strong enough, Thorens hasn´t thrown found parts together, it´s areally good turntable.

But Hifi-freaks have the same tendency for tuning their stuff as car freaks - hoping to get better results. :D

Yeah, so that particular part may not be original. Still, it's got three holes, is brass and looks close in thickness.

Reckon we'll get a closer look, soon enough!

Dann I've been reading about the part you posted and it's a replacement for disk that we use. I think it might be an aftermarket upgrade part, not sure if it would have been available back then. I'm pretty sure that part is not made by Thorens, not that it matters, I'm just thinking about what they had on hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, that's what I was trying to say in my last post.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if the part we're looking for is somewhere in that turntable.

I'm really curious to see how thick the new piece used for the spacer could be. It looks a lot thicker than the "standard fare" being used for the spacer. The one on the blaster looks so thick(that to me), it would be harder to holster or stretch that area more so on the ESB blaster.
A part of me wonders if it WAS in fact the original spacer, and not a rebuild later on, would there be a defined area on the holster(maybe it could even be seen on the holster that's also been seen traveling in exhibits) . My point being that proof on the holster may help prove or disprove the use of a wider spacer on the original prop. All depends on the width of this spacer, really.

Or maybe it's 'much ado about nothing'.

Hey mortifactor, can you also try to get some shots of Solo's belt, and the Graflex hanging on Luke's belt in the exhibit?

Thanks!

I'm really curious to see how thick the new piece used for the spacer could be. It looks a lot thicker than the "standard fare" being used for the spacer. The one on the blaster looks so thick(that to me), it would be harder to holster or stretch that area more so on the ESB blaster.
A part of me wonders if it WAS in fact the original spacer, and not a rebuild later on, would there be a defined area on the holster(maybe it could even be seen on the holster that's also been seen traveling in exhibits) . My point being that proof on the holster may help prove or disprove the use of a wider spacer on the original prop. All depends on the width of this spacer, really.

Or maybe it's 'much ado about nothing'.

This is the only pic I have of the gun in the holster on Hoth. Looks like the scope is not inside of the holster, it just hangs out. Anyone have any better pics.

BTW, another photo with brown grips.

han and chewie hoth.jpg

Is that the Hoth blaster? Or the Bespin? It looks like the scope has the full ring socket. Really difficult to tell, though.

It looks like the full ring m19 and the knurled disk from the Bespin blaster. Maybe this version was used for live fire only. Maybe the "Bespin version" is really just the Live fire version of the DL-44 and used as such and perhaps explains the possibly deliberate reason they look different?

Perhaps this picture was taken( or deleted scene shot), right before they go out for the probe droid scene and was used, but in close ups, the Hoth version was in his hand?

It looks like the full ring m19 and the knurled disk from the Bespin blaster. Maybe this version was used for live fire only. Maybe the "Bespin version" is really just the Live fire version of the DL-44 and used as such and perhaps explains the possibly deliberate reason they look different?

Perhaps this picture was taken( or deleted scene shot), right before they go out for the probe droid scene and was used, but in close ups, the Hoth version was in his hand?

It probably fits in the holster better if it doesn't have the pistons on it.

Also, this scene is most likely on a stage at Pinewood or whatever, and not in Norway, where they had to bring the MGC?

Wasn't it always a resin one in the holster? and in Bespin the holstered live fires (they were holstered at certain points correct?) have a thinner spacer and no side greebles (Luke's, at least) to better facilitate holstering. I can't fully recall, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey mortifactor, can you also try to get some shots of Solo's belt, and the Graflex hanging on Luke's belt in the exhibit?

Thanks!

The lightsaber is a poor replica, or at least I think it is. It had a double rivet D-ring though :lol Next revelation?.

I might not be able to get Han belt pics. All this good stuff is in one room mostly, I honestly only think I will be able to get a a couple of flash hider pics with my camera then pretend to send a text and get a couple of Hoth sensor/binoculars/training remote pics on my phone in that one room. At the end of the day, to get this information I'm just going to be a random ******** breaking the no picture rules. Not ideal lol.

I will try confirm/deny that Thorens part. Looks very distinctive with the edges.

edit: I know Han's belt is an important piece, so if there are any big questions left over it let me know and I will look out.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back