Unlimited Run Willy Wonka inventing room key

replicaprops

Official Licensee
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here is the link to parts.
CLICK HERE TO ORDER

Here it is in plastic.
Photos courtesy of Alan
wwk8-831x734.jpgwwk5-975x507.jpgwwk9-970x696.jpgwwk6-974x607.jpgwwk1-980x345.jpgwwk22-978x391.jpgwwk7-975x549.jpgwwk4-977x419.jpgwwk32-981x364.jpg

Here it is in polished gold steel.
Photos courtesy of Todd
photo 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 5.JPGphoto 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

Here are some computer renders

invention room key1.jpginvention room key3.jpginvention room key4.jpginvention room key2.jpg

If you have questions please ask.
Rob

Attachments

• invention room key2.jpg
    invention room key2.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 110
  • invention room key3.jpg
    invention room key3.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 137
  • invention room key1.jpg
    invention room key1.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 103
  • invention room key3.jpg
    invention room key3.jpg
    490.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I added 3 new parts to the shop section. The key shaft, spring and handle top. This will allow you to print in metal. I also enabled metal in the other parts as well as fud.

Ok this may be a stupid question, but with all the parts options, can you specify which ones and of what color I'd need to buy to have as close to accurate as possible? Would be great if it functions, but also if it can be metallic and clean as possible.

Ok this may be a stupid question, but with all the parts options, can you specify which ones and of what color I'd need to buy to have as close to accurate as possible? Would be great if it functions, but also if it can be metallic and clean as possible.
There are really only 2 options. Metal or plastic. If you go with plastic you can order the all parts in one
https://www.shapeways.com/model/293...y-all-parts.html?li=shop-results&materialId=6

If you want metal then order 1 of each of the other parts in metal. The only thing is the spring will not act as a spring in metal, so if you want the spring to work that will be the only part you will need in plastic.
Color does not matter because they dont offer brass colored plastic, so you are going to paint it anyway.
In metal you can choose the gold colored metals and only have to paint the spring.

I designed the model to function like the real prop, so the handle will drive the gears and turn the keys, and pulling on the handle will lift the center gear to disengage.

Here are the photos of the full metal print. This was done in gold polished steel.
photos supplied by a customer.
photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG

Would love to have this in my collection! I started trying to create a 3d model a while back.
How do I order in metal? Thank you!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back