The RPF uses a stolen photograph on their FB

Status
Not open for further replies.
This wasn't handled well.

Why is everyone jumping on the op?

He has every right to be pissed off.

Art, please delete my membership in The RPF.

Can do.

Experience has taught me that public posts are magical in this regard. It's the only thing that seems to motivate true change online.

Interesting. That has not been my experience at all. Perhaps you are used to people who are easily swayed or who crumble under the slightest pressure from someone with an opposing view. My experience is that when you approach someone with over-the-top negativity, you rarely get what you want.

The RPF should hold itself, and be held, to a higher standard

No... we should all be held to the same standard. It is called equality.

Posting material, that anyone who gave it two seconds thought would realize is stolen, is just - I don't know how to say this nicely - stupid.

So... for anyone still reading, please, go to this link and look at this deviantart member's work.

http://pappersflygplan.deviantart.com/art/Benedict-Cumberbatch-as-Doctor-Strange-459195057

Give it two second. Was it obvious to you that this image was stolen? It wasn't? Oh... well, I guess you are just stupid according to the OP. Your extra-sensory perception and unwavering Spidey-sense should have IMMEDIATELY told you it was a stolen image. It was so obvious... You morons. It is amazing you can feed yourselves.

because I work 60-80 hours each week and I simply don't have the time.

So again... you had plenty of time to make an overly long post that did nothing but stir the pot... yet you had no time to follow up. You priorities are only becoming more and more clear.

I'm taking this time out of my insanely busy schedule to post now, and after this I've got to get back to work.

Perhaps you shouldn't have wasted the time for the ill-conceived first post....

I posted this because I care(d) about The RPF and I'd like them to start putting more thought into what they are posting.

I disagree. People who actually care about this community post in a tone quite different from yours, even when they adamantly disagree with us.

And gosh, call me petty for asking for an apology for posting an obviously stolen photo.

Not sure if you are petty, but your last couple of posts have been. Feel better?

Maybe after this, The RPF will actually change and start giving those two seconds of thought before posting things they shouldn't.

After this? No. After this there will be no change. After the Beat Down Boogie mistake, we did make some changes (as well as an apology), but after this? No. Nothing.

Let us know when you actually pursue that deviantart member and make a big dramatic post about them. No? Huh. Again... very telling.

This wasn't handled well.

Why is everyone jumping on the op?

He has every right to be pissed off.

I totally agree. Allen could have handled this much better.

And you are right. He should be pissed... at the person who used his photo, but then, he isn't pursuing them is he?

You could have been a little more diplomatic yourself.

I've been where you are, and made the same mistakes.

You are a mod, not a god. Sometimes its worth reading back what you type before hitting submit.

I know what it is like to think you are right, to feel the blood burning in your viens, and to read it back years later after you have chased people from the board that you love and think, what the hell was I thinking?

image.png

You could have been a little more diplomatic yourself.

I've been where you are, and made the same mistakes.

You are a mod, not a god. Sometimes its worth reading back what you type before hitting submit.

I know what it is like to think you are right, to feel the blood burning in your viens, and to read it back years later after you have chased people from the board that you love and think, what the hell was I thinking?

I certainly could have been but to what end? Allen came in on a suicide run. He hasn't posted here in years... yet comes and lays a flaming bag of poop on our doorstep then scampers away, only called back because I tagged him.

Does our team make mistakes? Absolutely. As Allen pointed out (which I can only assume was the primary motivator for his post), our team blew it big time with a video we reposted from Beat Down Boogie a few weeks back. When the mistake was pointed out to us, we took it down, made an apology and made changes in our policy.

I am certainly no god, nor have I ever claimed to be. However, since I do have to take responsibility for anything done under the site's name, I also get to make the call on our response to these things and that response is often dictated by the OP. He came in with both barrels and I felt no need to be mealy-mouthed about our position.

This isn't about being right or about chasing people away. Allen was gone before I ever responded. Again... go check his posts. He only came here to throw himself upon a spike and show everyone how valiant a martyr he is.

When we are wrong, we try to make corrections. When we are called out publicly, we tend to bristle, but even then, if we are wrong, we take our licks and we try to make corrections. When we have a drive by like this? Well, you see the type of response it elicits.

If you'll take some advice, from someone who has been where you are.

Lock this thread. Op is banned, staff has spoken, there is no need for every Tom, Dick and Harry to weigh in on this.

The longer it stays open, the worse things will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back