Help me buy an airbrush guys:)

I highly recommend Iwata airbrushes. They're a little on the expensive side, but worth the price. Also, I prefer gravity feed.

I just bought my first airbrush set up less than a year ago. I think having a compressor with a tank is nice so you don't have to listen to it all the time and I think it's supposed to be a more steady supply of air.

I bought this airbrush, I like it but I have nothing to compare it to.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neo-Iwata-g...8&qid=1417487143&sr=8-1&keywords=neo+airbrush

I would recommend buying a quick disconnect for the hose/airbrush connection and a cleaning pot.

_Lee_ Do you see a pattern here? The compressor is a big part of the airbursh set up. If you live in an apartment building of have neighbors on top of you, this could be an issue. If not, something with a tank built in to keep a steady supply of pressure.

As far as the airbrush goes Paasche are great. Try to find them online. It always seems the local Art Marts jack up prices.

I have the Paasche VL and VSR90 - both great airbrushes. You are definately going to want a compressor - canned air is a pain in the butt and the price just isn't worth it.

Mark in Okinawa

ai would stay away from those cheap ebay deals, they are cheaply made junk knock-offs. you can get a nice compressor with tank at TPS Global for about $80-100, then get an Iwata Eclipse. the Eclipse will be all you will ever need for most modeling applications and they are a fine airbrush. just my two cents...

The workhorse of the ILM modelshop was the Paasche model H airbrush - simple, inexpensive, easy to clean, quick color changes and 5 different size tips for a broad range of spraying. The Iwata is a better airbrush, and is better at really fine lines, but it wasn't as good for general purpose spraying. I found the Iwata best suited for spraying inks, and the Paasche better for paints.

There are some really nice quiet compressors out there, but they are pricey. I would spend my big money on a nice compressor and buy an inexpensive Paasche airbrush with the extra tips.

… my 2 cents.

How vital is the tank? I notice that's one major difference between the one you linked to and the New Pro 3 I was looking at. Sadly the only Master Airbrush like the one you linked to available from Amazon.ca is $350, and I can't justify going there.

For a first brush I'd recommend a single action paasche model H. It sprays beautifully and is much simpler to use and keep clean than a dual action. Cheap too!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back