Southpaw (Post-release)

I've just seen this, it is quite epic. Very well turned in performances from the entire cast and some of the most realistic boxing Ive seen in a movie. You can tell the guys prepped well, their footwork and head movement is spot on. there is a lot of haymakers flying around, but you got to get some drama in there. It does borrow a lot from Rocky in places, but after 6 movies its hard for any boxing film not to.

There is almost a big twist in this film, but I'm not sure

When he gets the title shot and his daughter back and she says she wants to come to the fight, I had this sinking feeling it was all gonna end like Champ. There even a few moments in the fight were I thought, he's all busted inside and is gonna die in the dressing room with her draped over him. And he didn't, so I don't know if that counts as twist or not but it twisted me to a degree!!

Surprised theres not more posts about this movie. Only just seen this (silly me) and i was blown away but then again having jake, rachel and forest who are some of my fav actors already made it a plus. I had to immediatly think of the first Rocky when seeing this. Best fighting chor ive seen in a long time, especially for a boxing movie.

Maybe because this is mostly a science fiction forum? Are there any space ships in this movie?:confused

While majority of threads involve sci fi in the costume/ prop section. The entertainment-movie forum isnt and we should be glad that we can discuss good movies even if his opponent wasnt an alien :eek

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back