Naked gun to be rebooted

Wes R

Legendary Member
God help us i heard it on the radio today and they have someone i never heard of from The Office as Frank now. There was another franchise mentioned but i was so disturbed by this news i forgot what it was. The only way i could see a reboot not turn into a giant fart/toilet humor movie is if Abrams, zucker, abrams were involved since it was their movies.

Zucker Abrams Zucker wouldn't reboot this. If they had some new gags they'd make a new original movie. It's what they do best.
Rebooting TNG makes no sense to me.

Return of Sledge Hammer! That's what I really want.

Now this i could get behind, it doesn't even need to be a reboot they can just pick up where the original left off. Looking back at the show i really question my folks letting me watch it as a kid lol. I even had the comic books.

What made the "Police Squad" and "Naked Gun" movies work, is that they didn't use comedians in them. They used people that you would never think would be in those kinds of roles. When they did "Airplane", the studio wanted to cast comedians in all of the roles. Zucker, Zucker and Abrams fought the studio, explaining that the movie would not work with comedians in the roles. Some lessons have to be learned the hard way I guess.

David.

Better not be. C'mon.... WHY?! There's tons of stories to tell out there. Take a chance, Hollywood! That's why we used to have great films because they took bold chances! Stop being safe and rehashing!

Geeze...

What made the "Police Squad" and "Naked Gun" movies work, is that they didn't use comedians in them. They used people that you would never think would be in those kinds of roles. When they did "Airplane", the studio wanted to cast comedians in all of the roles. Zucker, Zucker and Abrams fought the studio, explaining that the movie would not work with comedians in the roles. Some lessons have to be learned the hard way I guess.

David.

They did that with a lot of their movies. They let serious actors be silly, Leslie always had a sense of humor but until they came along got no offers. Loyd bridges with Hotshots too, he wasn't known for comedy very much. He'd mostly done scifi and serious stuff, same with Val Kilmer in Top Secret.

It doesn't need to be reboot...period! That's the truth. The truth hurts! Oh sure, maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!

There was never a need for the movies anyway, the Police Squad series that ran for six episodes in 1982 was pure comedy perfection. The movies were not as funny in my opinion because Leslie Nielsen tried to be funny instead of just playing it straight.

As long as there is a nice beaver in it... :D

NiceBeaver_zps58667eef.jpg

Actually, this is a dumb idea. :facepalm

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back