Goalie Stark: Sports-edition Arc Reactor (Mark 2)

Artimis

I've been an ice hockey goalie for ~20 years now and finally invested in some new gear after playing with the same stuff for 11-15 years. As part of my Halloween costume and to commemorate the break-in of my new gear, I thought it would be cool to build a "puck-proof"/sports edition arc reactor that would glow through my jersey.

In my Automated Aluminum/Foam Hybrid Mark VII Forearm thread I eluded to the fact that the Arc Reactor shown was built to take a beating......although that is ultimately not the one I am using now, it was the reason for building it the way I did. Ultimately, I built another using the same principles but omitted detail pieces since it was meant to be worn under the jersey (so those pieces aren't seen anyway) and less to worry about breaking when hit with a puck.

So far it has seen 6 games and taken 2 direct hits and is still ticking. Here's a pic of it in action with the new gear.
20141121_143210.jpg

I'll try to get better action pics at some point (this one is blurry).

Here is a not-so-good pic of it attached to my c/a protector:
2014-11-21 17.23.16.png

-----------------------------
Update 10/5/2015
------------------------------
Back in December (2014), I decided I was not happy with the lack of detail on my Mark I Sports-Edition Arc Reactor so I began construction on a Mark 2 version that more closely resembles the movie version.

I beefed up the protection and have been wearing it since January 2015 (I'm on the ice 3-6 times per week). It's taken quite a beating but has only required minor repairs
0102152048.jpg 0102152048c.jpg
0930151553a.jpg 0930151554.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Goalie Stark

Long overdue follow-up on this:

Back in December (2014), I decided I was not happy with the lack of detail on my Mark I Sports-Edition Arc Reactor so I began construction on a Mark 2 version that more closely resembles the movie version.

I beefed up the protection and have been wearing it since January 2015 (I'm on the ice 3-6 times per week). It's taken quite a beating but has only required minor repairs
View attachment 537277 View attachment 537278
View attachment 537281 View attachment 537282

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back