The Babadook pop up book

Aw snap! Though I was 50/50 about the film, I really liked this book. I'll be sure to snatch up a preorder in the next few days (or before it's reached it cap).

I loved the film, thought it was really well done despite how little it cost to make, those Australian dollars stretched a long way, but the book gave me chills on its own. I was made up when I saw they were doing a run of them too. Preordered mine last week. :)

Just found out about this myself... Looks like they got the 2000 initial orders they needed (and doubled it apparently), so the book is being made. I think there's 2 weeks left to place an order... There goes $80... :)

I had heard about the movie a while ago, but didn't get to see it until March this year.
I really, really liked it! Nice story, and believable performances by the actors.

And as soon as the pop-up book entered the screen, I was completely sold. It's just such a
clever story-telling device and an extremely awesome, well put together prop.

Right after watching the movie, I went online to find out if a nice replica was available..
But no - I discovered that there had been the before mentioned campaign for a limited
run of them and that the possibility of getting in on it was long gone. What a disappointment..
But I chose to subscribe to the email list on the website, so I'd at least get some news updates
on the project and maybe some cool shots of the finished (and expanded) prop, all the lucky
buyers would get.. I didn't expect what happened next, but I'm extremely happy right now!! :)

This monday, the Babadook Team sent out this update on the project:

32407805-e38f-4312-b33e-1df8aa92728c.jpg

Dear Friends of the Babadook (-Book)!

As you may know we are currently in the midst of publishing a limited edition
of the Babadook Pop-Up book. Our writer/director Jennifer Kent and illustrator
Alex Juhasz are currently working very hard on creating the additional pages
that will make this book a very special companion piece to the film.

The official campaign to get a book is over, but since we are finalising order
numbers with our publisher by Friday 10th April, we have decided to do a
last chance run to people who didn’t know about the campaign early enough
and who have registered interest via email or through becoming a subscriber
on our website.

This is an exclusive offer to our subscribers, so if you have missed out and
still want to get your hands on a book, please use this direct link below:

ORDER YOUR BOOK HERE

• Cost:
$80 ($60 for book and $20 shipping & handling worldwide)
• Payment by Credit or Debit Card only, sorry no PayPal!
• Exclusive offer ends midnight PST Friday 10th April 2015.

Please also note that design and manufacturing time is 5 months so you will not
receive your book until fall 2015!

But of course we'll keep you updated along the way!

In the meantime you can check out our latest update video below.
The Babadook Team :)

Such a great surprise!

I ordered two of them almost instantly, and I can't wait till I get to see the finished book,
and best of all, to get them in my hands. :)

This is the chance for anyone who missed out the first time around, so hurry up and get
your orders in before the 10th.

-cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate you. I just saw this movie- and FREAKED OUT. just when I had begun to forget about it and be ABLE TO SLEEP AGAIN, it pops up(see what I did there) on my feeeEEEeeeeeeeEEddd *sobs*

Yeah! - I was definitely glad too when that email popped up. Very excited about this project.
Getting a prop replica from the original makers is a rare chance, and this book is just awesome in any way.
And I really like the idea of filling out the blank pages, mixing the first and second book and expanding upon
the story of Mister Babadook.

Would be great if we didn't have to wait months for it to get made - but having to, actually makes it more
exciting, kind off. And if you subscribe to their email list you'll get video updates along the way. The latest
one showing some nice shots of the many drawings and test cut-outs that goes into making a book like this.

3_zpsvhvixn3j.jpg

2_zpssrqcen6e.jpg

1_zpsrfgawrow.jpg

Just ordered mine, so glad they gave the ones who missed it one more chance, super excited to get this book!

Is this offer still availabe? The site says the book offer is closed, but the email in this thread says the offer is open until April 10th.

If there is a special link, would someone please PM me with it?

Thanks!

Is this offer still availabe? The site says the book offer is closed, but the email in this thread says the offer is open until April 10th.

If there is a special link, would someone please PM me with it?

Thanks!

Yes, the offer is available, for a limited time - But only for those who have suscribed to their email list.
There is a special link (pm sent) I recommend signing up for the newsletter though, as you'll get nice
updates on the project following up to the completion of the books. I'm not yet sure how much info they'll
provide to those who have just placed orders with them.

I signed up as well a while ago and didn't get a link either. Checked my spam folder and it wasn't there either. Any chance of getting that link as well?

Brian

Just a little update from the Babadook Team
(posted yesterday on the official facebook page.)
The book is now available to anyone for the next three days:

As most of you know, the Babadook is completely
unpredictable. And because he is unpredictable,
he has decided to open book orders for the Babadook
book for 3 EXTRA DAYS starting from NOW till END
OF 10th APRIL (PST)

He is just incorrigible. We can't stop him.

So if you wanted to order a book but missed out,
NOW is your chance. (We are sending final numbers
to the printers on 10th April, so this really is your last chance.)

If you order now, your books will come out mid year
along with everyone else's.

Here's the link.

https://get-the-babadook-pop-up-book.tilt.com/get-the-babadook-pop-up-book/checkout/payment

DO IT! (Or not. Up to you.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back