1:6 Scale - 9th Doctor and War Doctor from Doctor Who

VashDstampede

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi gang!
I haven't posted any of my work in a while, so I figured I'd show a couple of quick projects I've done.
The 9th Doctor is my first attempt at 1/6th scale sculpting which took me a few hours to do within a couple of days. I really wanted one of these, but none were available, that's why I figured it's a good start for practicing if I can do small scale sculpting.
I was so excited to finish it that I soon started the War Doctor since I have the Big Chief Studios Tennant and Smith figures and have the upcoming Smith 7th Season version pre-ordered. The War Doctor would complete my 50th Anniversary special collection.
This is also my first attempts at painting at this scale, so I'm slowly learning how to do it.

9th Doctor:
9th-head-primed2.jpg

War Doctor:
FINALCAST1.jpg

Here's what my customs look like:
PAINT-3.jpg
D930DB90-7126-4E02-A254-08C2D9AF4F69.jpg

2nines2.jpg
FINAL-FULL-SMALL.jpg

Anyway, I hope you enjoy these pics.

Thanks spockboy and grimstitch! This was a trial run for me to see if I could even sculpt at this scale. Now I'm hooked and already trying out a female head sculpt.
I had to stick with Doctor Who and sculpt Rose as Bad Wolf from the 50th anniversary special.

Thanks Dreddful!
I'm hoping to revisit the Eccleston one to get it closer in likeness, but it was my first start at 1/6 sculpting so hopefully I keep improving by practicing on new head sculpts.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back