Need advice on my Captain America shield

Flanman

So I just got in this handmade captain america shield off of eBay. Im absolutely in love with this thing. I know if could have been cheaper if I had made one myself but I neither have the time, skill set, tools or location for such a project. I have to say the seller did an amazing job putting it together. Its like holding my childhood dream. However the post office was not that gentile with my new toy. (Guess they don't make vibrainum like they used too) So a fairly large section got bent ever so slightly as to allow the sealer to chip off. Would it be possible to just mask off where it has chipped off and then reseal that section? I really don't want to strip and redo the entire shield, other than that one section the rest of the shield is beautiful.
2014-11-20 15.12.49.jpg2014-11-20 15.11.42.jpg2014-11-20 15.11.12.jpg2014-11-20 15.10.51.jpg2014-11-20 15.10.17.jpg2014-11-20 15.10.03.jpg

I think that's a terrible shame, because that is a sweet shield. It looks like the top coat is in worse shape than the paint. Do you know what the top coat is? Because I think you'll be best served to leave the paint alone, remove the damaged topcoat (depending on what it is), gently repair the dent, and re-apply the top coat.

This depends entirely on what the top coat really is. Have you contacted the seller? He might have some good advice.

I don't know what the top coat is. Im going to try to email the seller today to find out. I don't have much experience with top coats but it seems almost like a thin layer of plastic. I don't know if that's normal or not. I spent last night gently bending the dent out of it. You wouldn't notice it unless you really looked at the back side now. I really love the paint and would like to leave it, it really just shines in the light, especially the blue.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back