Legend of Zelda Master Sword 3D Print

E

EssEff3D

I'm pretty new to making props and costumes. I 3D printed a light saber and Princess Leia's blaster for our Halloween costumes this year, but that was very last minute. We had fun and decided on next year's costumes already, which are Link and Zelda. The first part of the project for me is making Link's Master Sword.

vgA3g6F.jpg

Please forgive the mess. The glue was still drying in this picture. My 3D printer isn't nearly big enough for something this size, so it was cut into many pieces and Plastiwelded together. I do have more pictures available at my blog. I just did this last night, but I'll get up a new post on their soon with more pictures and details.

I'll start priming and painting the sword today, and I will begin printing the scabbard soon as I've already created the 3D model for that. More pictures will follow as I prep the sword for painting.

I kept finding different dimensions when searching around online. The whole thing is 40". The blade itself is about 27". So mine is bigger than some, but shorter than others. The blade continues down about 1" below where the yellow is in the photo. It looks much better right now with the primer on it, but it is still drying in the garage. I'll post more photos tomorrow as I work towards painting the whole thing.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back