Jack Harkness/ River song Squarness gun/ Sonic Blaster 3D print Build WIP

skywalkers

Hey Guys

After long looking on this board i decided to upload a build of my own aswell:)
I always wanted to reproduce and/or own a replica prop version of the Sonic Blaster seen on Dr Who in season 1 of the new who series used by Jack Harkness and in season 4 by River song in the episode's of Silence in the Libary/Forest of the Dead.

This build is going to be River song's version since my girlfriend cosplays her i decited to re-ceate it for her to go with her Vastra Nerada suit that we are going to make in the future:p

On to the Build:

I started with looking at references like pictures from the show and came a cross a awesome free STL file of the Sonic Blaster on Myminifactory.
the Model is created by user Alan Stanford on Myminifactory and his model made a great base.

so i began with 3D printing the parts and assembling it:

I was planning on making the handles out of Oak but decited on a later stage that i would also print them as i'm planning on making a cast so i can also make a Jack Version someday for myself!

after the first stage of sanding/filling primer and sanded again:

First coat of Black:

sanded it down again and gave the gun a Basic Silver color as i'm planning to create a effect with the paint through mixing and shading with Black/silver so i hopefully get a nice old metal effect:

grips are printed as i said above:

started on Painting the grips with a basic mix of yellow/brown/white acrylic paint and started to age it a bit:

And here you have it with the paintjob so far....i treid to recreate a kinda Black/grey charcoal metallic color for the main body and didn't care about the lines on the grips because i really like the look of it the way the 3D printer created it with a kinda ''wooden effect'' so i left it for what it is:

And together with River song's Other sonic Blaster i made early 2013 or so.

Now all that's left to do is detail work and i need to change the front of the barrel, but will work on that i the near future when i got Time again:D

thanks for looking at my progress so far hope you guys like it any feedback would be nice!

Thanks
Skywalkers

Sure send me a PM with your email and i'll send them! :) though you can download the model for free of Myminifactory.com! It's under replica's i believe

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back