Helmet mold making and casting

pisani

Hi I was wondering if anyone had tutorials about making molds. I want to try and take over a new hobbie ,and was wondering if anyone had links to a website that has helped them make molds ,and cast things they made. I really want to scratch build things like a mandalore helmet ,and a galactic marine helmet ,and if they look good to me I would like to cast the helmets and make molds of them.

Links and tutorials would be greatly appreciated. :D

Thanks,
Jango Fett

Im also interested. How could you do this for, lets say, a Vader face mask? Iv read quit a bit about mold making and casting but I would get how you could get the mask to be made so it isnt a block and so that you could put it on your head.

I too am building a helmet and would like to look into fiberglass and sorts. i watched the videos posted above and im still not really any better off than i was before. Ive got a cardboard base helmet and was thinking of just fiberglassing right on the top of it. Unfortunatley fiberglassing is brand new to me. Anyone have any more tutorials/links/tips/?

All help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthCalibar @ Mar 26 2007, 11:51 PM) [snapback]1448693[/snapback]</div>
I too am building a helmet and would like to look into fiberglass and sorts. i watched the videos posted above and im still not really any better off than i was before. Ive got a cardboard base helmet and was thinking of just fiberglassing right on the top of it. Unfortunatley fiberglassing is brand new to me. Anyone have any more tutorials/links/tips/?

All help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
[/b]

I'm doing a series of DVD's that cover making a large prosthetic but includes the process of mouldmaking for a head cast in silicone and fibreglass that is also applicable to moulding a helmet. The second DVD of the series alos covers casting out and cleaning up a head from these moulds in fibreglass using the same process you would use for a helmet. Details can be found here;

http://www.mfxreplicas.com/showitem.php?item_id=16

You can also read some reviews of both DVD's on THEEFFECTSLAB.COM Forum here;

http://www.theeffectslab.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2809

an here;

http://www.theeffectslab.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3210

Best
Neill G

Neill G,

Do you have all four of the movies out yet? Would there be a discount if you bought all four in a set? And how much money would that be in american dollars?

Thanks, :D

Jango Fett B)

I am actually working on a RedHood helmet I have also been wondering how to make it with out it being a block I have been doing some research and my favorite prop maker to date suggests this book The Prop Builder's Molding & Casting Handbook by James, Thurston, hopefully this helps it has been a tremendous help to myself.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back