Harley Quinn's Bat Killer

radishstudio

So to start off, I can be very forgetful of taking build pics. That being said, I hope you all enjoy Harley Quinn's Bat Killer seen in the Arkham City DLC Harley Quinn's Revenge.

So like any build this one started off with a plethora of reference. It can be a pain, but always makes the build go much smoother.

IMG_2343.JPG

The main parts of the gun were shaped in mdf and high density foam. Then sealed and covered in bondo, sanded and filled then sanded and filled and then sanded and filled a bunch more times, till the forms were smooth and uniformed.
IMG_2388.JPG

Once I was happy with the forms they were hit with auto primers and sealers and buffed with 2000 grit sand paper.
IMG_2445.JPG

Then made a brush on mold for the larger parts.
IMG_2451.JPG

Added the mother mold.
IMG_2453.JPG

The parts were then cast in urethane resin and sanded... Lots more sanding, you know how it is :)
IMG_2483.JPG

Since the trigger guard houses a moving trigger, it was easier to 3D print it rather then cast it as 2 parts. The 3D print was done at 100 micron with a 100% infill. Then, you guessed it, sanded
IMG_2506.JPG

After all the parts were cleaned up, it was time to paint.
IMG_2691.JPG

Then some weathering, touch up work and assembling.
PAINT HQG.jpg

And here you go. The Bat Killer is done!! This was a super fun build when all was said and done. Hope you enjoyed it.
If you would like to follow more of the projects done at my shop, pleas come like us on facebook. facebook.com/radishstudio

BAT KILLER facebook 1.jpg

Amazing build! I'm obsessed with HQ and this is epic! I am going to attempt to add a moving trigger to my design after molding. Does yours pivot on a pin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back