Looking for a movie scene... Face in fish tank

SPS

Hello all.
Might anybody know of a film where a face might appear in, say, a fish tank? Where one character moves towards the seemingly empty, dark tank, only to have a face appear from the darkness?
Cheers - Chris

Thanks for the reference robn1. It's not exactly what I'm after, but that's not such a bad thing.
I'm writing a short film and I'm doing some research on a few shots I'm thinking about using.
I'm trying to work out how I'd film such a shot. I'm trying to avoid just compositing a face into a tank as I'm hoping to use practical effects as much as I can.
I know it's hard to do anything 'original' these days, but hopefully I'll be able to knock something together a little interesting.
Cheers - Chris

Have your actor make his hair very unkempt and smoosh his face up against a piece of glass (a window does nicely). Take a close-up still of his distorted face (neck up, no clothes) from the other side. Print an 8x10 or so (lifesize) of the face and put it in a large jar so the paper follows the curve of the jar. Fill the jar with liquid and with the right light, distance, etc., it will look like a severed head in a jar. Stick the jar in a fish tank and it might work. No doubt some photoshopping will be required.

Good luck with your film.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back