Space:1999 Com-lock & Gun (or specs thereof)

RGPFX

So anyway, my friend is interested in a Com-lock and I kinda like the gun. I'm a do-it-yourself kinda guy so It'd be nice to find a kit. I already ran through the search function on RPF and the only reference to a Space:1999 info discussion thread is now a dead link.

If a kit is not available at a reasonable price, I'd say building one from scratch is a definite option but I would need blueprinted specs. Does anyone have these to share? Plus, of course, great reference photos would be a must. So talk, people, talk.

---RGP

Some good pics here.

Stun Gun originals

I have an AIM models kit from years ago that I will finish some day. I am making a moving trigger, new season 1 stun/kill switch and all-aluminum replacement nozzles/barrels. Some day...

Wow, That SIDKIT site looks promising. Also, I've PM'd Blufive for his info.

Keep the data coming, guys.

RGP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Howard @ Mar 26 2007, 01:37 AM) [snapback]1448240[/snapback]</div>
Product Enterprise are releasing a Stun gun and Comlock later this year.
[/b]

How authentic will they be?

Tom

These won't be out for another year, but they will be worth watching.

Priced at $325 from Fabgear USA...

PEcommstunsetweb.jpg

http://fabgearusa.com/space_1999_commlock_...eplica_set.html

Product Enterprise's Supermarionation Replica Collection continues with the Space: 1999 Commlock and Stun Gun Set. Limited to only 600 pieces worldwide, this set of full scale prop replicas are based on Commander John Koenig's Commlock and gun from Series 2 of Space: 1999. These props come fully assembled, painted and ready to display with a certificate of authenticity signed by producer Gerry Anderson as well as an acrylic display case and brass plaque.
Fully detailed and handcrafted, these replicas are created using original plans and reference material of the time to bring the collector unique copies of the props used in the production of the classic television show.
Don't miss out - Pre-order now. Customers who pre-order Space: 1999 Commlock & Stun Gun Replica Set will recieve an exclusive Moonbase Alpha metal lapel pin absolutely FREE.

This item is due to ship in FIRST QUARTER, 2008. Your credit card will not be charged until your item is ready to ship. Price and availability subject to change.

Meanwhile, the Sidkit laser stungun is QUITE nice. I have one of those in my collection, as well as a very accurate commlock from CY Productions.

Here's the Sidkit laser and commlock

kt-comlock-laser-patch.jpg

...and here's the CY Productions commlock (the gray one, on the left) compared with the Sidkit commlock. The CY commlock is more accurate IMHO.

kt-commlocks-face.jpg

- k

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(phase pistol @ Mar 26 2007, 11:27 AM) [snapback]1448505[/snapback]</div>
These won't be out for another year, but they will be worth watching.

Priced at $325 from Fabgear USA...
[/b]

Wow, this is the first I have heard of these from product enterprise. I'm excited. I have tried to get or make a decent set of these two props over and over, with only bad to moderate luck so far. I have been wishing for a high quality MR-style set and maybe these wil come close.

I know that Product Enterprise are not complete sticklers for 100% accuracy, but they get pretty close -- and seems like they are the only high end company that considers Space 1999 worth the effort. I love my 23" Eagle from them.

I'm excited.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back