R.I.P. Glen Larson

gunnerk19

Master Member
No official announcement that I can find has been made yet, but I have word from a friend of Glen's son that Mr. Larson passed away at 10:30 last evening. I'll update as soon as there's any more info available.

DAMN!!

I always wanted to see what he would have done with BSG on the big screen.

He was behind SO many Iconic series, a iconic force behind some of the best Series has been lost.....:(

I've posted this to my Facebook account when I found out about his passing. I feel it's best to share it here too:

I come online and find out this news, and I'm sad. For those who are unfamiliar with this man, from the 1970s and 1980s, he created many of the classic shows that still have a fanbase today. To me, I know him as the creator of the original "Battlestar Galactica" and my childhood favorite, "Knight Rider." It is saddens me to hear about this. R.I.P. Mr. Larson. Thank you for giving me "Knight Rider" and "Battlestar Galactica", which both still hold true to me now as they did then.

I will admit, I have seen a lot of other of his shows while I was growing up, including Magnum, P.I. and The Fall Guy. And I will admit, after hearing about the original concept he came up with that eventually became Battlestar Galactica, a story called Adam's Ark, which involved a spaceship of humans leaving Earth after a catastrophe in hopes of finding a new home (similar to what was on the show, except heading from Earth instead trying to find it), it kinda made me wonder why it wasn't attempted (though it's probably because of the bleakness of the concept). But I will continue to remember his work. In fact, I've started rewatching episodes of Knight Rider on Netflix. R.I.P. Mr. Larson. Thank you again for the stories you've left behind for us to continue to enjoy. And I do still believe in one line you've written: One man can make a difference. And you certainly made one while you were here.

man, what a legend. This guy was reponsible for pretty much my childhood television. Knight Rider, BSG, and Magnum PI. What an inventive genius. To come up one hit show would be remarkable, but multiple hit series which captured the imagination of millions worldwide is astounding.

I thank you Glen for bringing us so many great shows. RIP.

very sad. I was shocked to see this... I think he was in the process of working on yet another reboot of BSG for the big screen. I wonder if that will still happen. Glen Larson is like the "other George Lucas" as the original BSG was my Star Wars stand in on TV in the 70's and I loved Knight Rider as a kid too! To this day I still prefer the Colonial Viper over the X-Wing (and that coming from a huge SW fan!)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back