another Spinner . 6th scale. printed

flimzy

Master Member
Hi there I've moved this on to its own thread so I can keep it up to date as I add new bits. It all started when I was trying out new render packages for work I wanted something to try it on. So i drew up vincent, a snow speeder and a spinner. I've always loved the design. I do a lot of 3d printing for work in SLA SLS but when I decided I was going to make an actual model I thought I would see if I could do it all on my little PLA home printer. its a learning curve because you don't draw the same way and there a limit to the size a peace can be.

I alway like looking at peoples photos so this will mainly be picture of the peaces as they come out. BRS 53.jpgBRS 52.jpgBRS-41.jpgBRS-43.jpgBRS-49.jpgBRS-44.jpgprinted spinner 2.jpgBRS 56.jpgBRS 57.jpgbrs 51.jpg I'm back at work next week but the great thing about printing is it happens when your not there :)

Last edited:
Looking good. I have one question though. Why the holes at the bottom of the front wheel covers?

BRS 61.jpgits a bit like lego with PLA you have to pick bits out to print in different direction to get a good finish. Obviously this will be glued in to larger parts and filled before moulding. This model will end up in fast cast because PLA is not stable in the long term. and also handing things, like only printing half the wheel is so much easier. I'm also printing out the clear parts as place holder before I make vac patterns.

theres a long way to go, half way through printing it out but as you know thats only half the job. As PLA is unstable long term I will be moulding the peaces then sanding and filling . so it could be a kit but its early days yet and it might be too expensive to do a run. as for size, Huge its going in my stair well. it won't fit anywhere else :)

What kind of pla printer are you using? Always looking for a good recommendation, I been trying to navigate all the new printers coming out

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back