another Spinner . 6th scale. printed

every one likes pictures. So mini up date. I'm never going to be able to get Gaff and decker and as I'm planing on hanging it. I'm going to bodge my 6th scale figures. I've started with basic bodies and cloths from ebay, molded my indian jones head and got a generic head . these I will resculped to a close approximation of the actors. IMG_8343.JPG and in other news Ive started molding some of the smaller parts. I'm doing them in order of hight so I can do sheet molds .IMG_8344.JPG

So I've gone as far with molding as I want to until I've made my degasser and the weather gets a little warmer.( For me and the casting process ) I'll be working on reprinting all the parts to make the rear wings work and the smoke rig ( still waiting on parts) this leaves me with some down time. So last year I drew up a few droids to test out Key shot for work and as I have those models already CADed up why not print one out in 6th scale. ( oh and a BR parking meter)IMG_8352.JPGIMG_8355.JPGIMG_8354.JPG Got some more cloths from Ebay, they will need work but it gets me 80 percent there.IMG_ BW8356.jpg time to start sculpting the heads. this will be a big cheat as I've cast existing heads to modify. I never said I wasn't lazy.

one week away from having all the parts for my degasser. It too much money to spend an not make the molds right. So on with the odd bitsgaff 1.jpgIts as close as I think I can get him. As I said hot toys won't be offering me a job soon. Sculpting on a generic head saved loads of time and i pretty much left the eyes as they where.

Attachments

• gaff 2.jpg
    gaff 2.jpg
    933.3 KB · Views: 255
one week away from having all the parts for my degasser. It too much money to spend an not make the molds right. So on with the odd bitsView attachment 597329Its as close as I think I can get him. As I said hot toys won't be offering me a job soon. Sculpting on a generic head saved loads of time and i pretty much left the eyes as they where.

Wow, that turned out great, looks just like Edward James Olmos......

managed to design and print out the rear wings. I now have a box full of parts I have remade to improve the design, nearly enough to make a hole spinner :).
unfortunately the supplier I was getting my acrylic to for my degasser has let me down and lost my order so still putting off molding anymore parts. And its freezing in my work shop again so may start painting the head sculpt, not something I'm good at.

Really nice work. Love the helmet detail. I have to laugh at the James Olmos severely pock-marked face. I'm laughing in a good way. Great job but, you know, YAHHH. : )

flimsy,

Absolutely brilliant work.

A page back, you'd asked about text on the windshield. I have an old book published in Japan with these images. I can try for a better scan if they will help you.
Spinner windshield text.png
-ted.

Attachments

• Spinner_decals_2.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 290
thank you ted thats a great bit of info :)
the hole project has ground to a holt at the moment wile I wait for the acrylic top for my degasser, I'm not doing any more silicone with out it . but I have printed the rear wings and mechanism which turned out great IMG_8380.JPG

Last edited:
Just joined therpf after discovering it on Savage's podcast and wow. My third 3d printer shows up this month (I burned out Cupcake #235 and a MendelMax 1.5) and I was thinking, "Hey, it would be a good Rhino5 learning project for me to do a Spinner and print it at home then at Shapeways". What you have done so far is just amazing, thanks for all the documentation of your work and process.

Flimzy has done it again. Love the sculpt! Reading you earlier, you weren't too keen on it ( don't sell yourself short) It really looks the part (eager to see him with his bow tie).
As for the rear wing: it's a beauty. Mate, I cannot wait to see it all come together!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back