another Spinner . 6th scale. printed

sorry missed you question. I'm using a Ulitmaker 2 . I had a makerbot 5th gen but had to send it back as it was useless. the Ultimake is fantastic . easy to clean blockages, half the noise of the makerbot. half the size of the makerbot with nearly the same bed size. spares are cheap and it looks nice. very happy with the quality of the machine and the prints.

I'm still a way off but couldn't resist temporarily hot glueing the parts together to see how its going. IMG_7874.JPGIMG_7877.JPGIMG_7878.JPGIMG_7879.JPG

Wonderful build! I have always adored this vehicle.Great to see it come to life and especially in this scale.Lights for sure!

Nathan

FiretrucK mate:cool what a beautiful pic that is! Love the details already. (lighting maybe?)
I'm planning on brass etch lighting panels with clear resin switch detail reliefs.
For any one out there wanting to buy a 3d printer I can't recommend the Ulitmaker enough. the control over setting is easy to learn as you go fore beginners and compared to the peace of **** Makerbot 5th I had before its a dream to use.
At the moment I've just hot glues the parts together as it makes a difference which way I put it together . i.e. if I do end up making it as a kit or just build 1. I'd like to give one to my friend Richard Yurasich so I would make sense to make a kit and of course resin is more stable than PLA in the long term. but making a kit make the hole thing very expensive in time and materials. So I'm still in 2 minds
If I did make a kit it would have to be a limited edition of say 10 any more than that and I'd get bored. I'd need help with programming Arduino for lighting and sound. but all that is a way off yet . I've designed parts so it can be posed flying or standing just incase. but I think it might come in to expensive for a kit.

first things first print out all the parts.

As most of us here, (Well I know I do) come to see the photos, in progress. I'll try and post every now and then. spinner 1.jpgspinner 2.jpgspinner 3.jpgspinner 5.jpg. one thing I've learned wile doing this is the white PLA isn't as good as the clearer PLAs it must be the amount go pigment they use that makes it chewy. Not too much left to print before its primer and filler time. I made up an optional wheels down rig its not based on anything from the film.

https://youtu.be/ftQMaaGZYco as the printing is coming to an end I've been playing with which way to go . so far theres over 100 pieces. 1-6th scale kit spinner.jpg if I did do a kit I'd make a proper call out sheet but this is always fun to see how far you've come. I did one of these on Edge of tomorrow to show the producer how complicated the suits where and where his money was going. but a kit would be up there in the £1000 range so I'm not that sure its worth it.

ordered the top stop filler and filler primer . It begins :-0 . after the finishing it start to get expensive , silicone, fast cast, clear cast. I'm actually just looking forward to working out the lighting. I made a revolving light for a 6-th scale loader years ago but the servo was hidden in the body. I'm not sure I can do them on all the top lights maybe just the middle on. I have to say i'm enjoying this project.

This is just fantastic work. I sincerely hope you do come to making at least the body available. In any case, it's beautiful to see this fully realized as you have done!

Nathan

_BRS- console.jpglet the clearing begin. its a dilemma as to how far to push the clean up per molding as its all go to have to be sanded and primed once its in fast cast. The problem with PLA printing is there only so far you can push the sanding where as fast cast sand smooth so easy. all the parts are printed but the vac form pattern for the glass. I might CNC that as its up there in the 100 hour prints. I've made a set of cell graphics to back light. Some of the lighting effect might still have to be glass fiber.

_MG_8061.jpg just for you . here my favourite part so far. I think this is pushing a PLA printer as far as you can go detail wize. I should really be doing these on an SLA printer. I do admit I should have added the switches on with styrene but I was just interested in how much detail the PLA could achieve. I can't wait to get theses cast and lit up.

Attachments

• _MG_8061.jpg
    _MG_8061.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 311

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back