3 piece Stormtrooper & SW Rebels comlink

guabe

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was inspired by The Schlitzie's awesome Comlink with internals from this thread: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=228683

I had prevously designed a TK commlink (single piece)

TKcom.jpg

and here is the modified design to be able to dissasemble in 3 pieces that he asked for...

tkcom01.jpg

tkcom02.jpg

tkcom03.jpg

tkcom04.jpg

I just uploaded the model ans should be printing one soon.

Thanks

Attachments

• TKcom.jpg
    TKcom.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Re: 3 piece Stormtrooper comlink

Nice! All that room in there for little greeblies!

Would it be possible to have the option of the comlink body printed in Black Strong & Flexible Polished and the ends white? That way I won't have to worry about primer/paint layers gumming up the threaded parts.

I just looked through your Shapeways pages as well, and I also noticed that you have hollow scopes (makes sense, printed and all) those would be awesome candidates for custom illuminated scopes. Yet another thing on my to-do list. I just need to find someone to do some custom photo etched parts (sights).

Let me upload the comlink in two files, the engine alone for black and the endcap and hovi for white. I dont like the black material shapeway uses because it feels rubbery and scratches very easily. But you might like it more than i do..

give me a minute.

That's understandable. I'll just have it as a display piece with my blade plugs and restraining bolts so it should be safer than if it were a trooping accessory.

Let me upload the comlink in two files, the engine alone for black and the endcap and hovi for white. I dont like the black material shapeway uses because it feels rubbery and scratches very easily. But you might like it more than i do..

give me a minute.

Just uploaded the Rebels version too... because why not... its about the same size just a bir shorter and wider.

rebelscom01.jpg

Very nice. I need to pick one of those up in the future.

Speaking of rebels props... Any thoughts about modifying your thermal detonator design to make one of those half sphere magnetic type seen on the show?

And here are some pics, i already painted the cylinder black... I like the white plastic a lot more than the black one... I do not recommemd the black material because of how it looks.

3dprinted0001.jpg

3dprinted0002.jpg

3dprinted0003.jpg

3dprinted0004.jpg

3dprinted0005.jpg

These tie pilot snaps were printed in black detailed plastic and I do not like how the material looks... I preffer white and then paint them black.
3dprinted0009.jpg

Thank you for doing this.

Just wanted to show you how mine came out.

IMG_2231.JPG

I picked it up during Shapeways 20% off and free shipping deal a few weeks ago. I got the parts in white polished plastic. i did not do any sanding on the grip and a little wet sanding on the ends. The grip is done in flat black spray paint and ends in metallic silver spray paint. Not sure I like the paint. I may try another brand and repaint. Still need a screen for the tip.

Very nicely designed. Thanks again.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back