WW1 Era British Periscope

mole2k

Hi folks,

just completed this for a friend, it's a WW1 era trench box periscope part of a series of ww1 props i've been creating for him!

Periscope14.jpgperiscope9.jpg

More pics please I am a wwI re-enactor and have made lots of repro equipment. Always wanted to do a periscope.

Cheers

Sebastian

I'll have to take more tomorrow for you when there's better light! I haven't done much before in this sorta stuff but have a few different things planned, here's a resin cast of an enfield rifle I painted up a few weeks ago:
15323705612_2b756e94d0_b.jpg

Wow, awesome work. That Enfield looks like it would fool people even up close. I used to own one and that looks great. Thje periscope is also very cool.

Any ideas on where they got the resin lee enfield from? thank. also loving the weathering on the periscope and it is nice to see some actual replicas of real things on here. Not saying I don't love the stuff from TV and movie!

Love the sticker on the 'scope very nice work, what other stuff have you created?

The scope is actually the first prop i've ever scratch made, The enfield is the first prop i've ever painted. Made the occasional plastic kit into a diorama before but not all that much!

Any ideas on where they got the resin lee enfield from? thank. also loving the weathering on the periscope and it is nice to see some actual replicas of real things on here. Not saying I don't love the stuff from TV and movie!

It was actually cast of a real one used in the April 1914 Gun Running here in Northern Ireland in the prelude to civil war (which the outbreak of WW1 prevented; mostly).

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back