Chiped paint style, paint tutorial

jedistine

had a lot of question on how to do this so I took some pictures.

1. paint armor with Krylon fussion metallic shimmer # 2338 "nickle shimmer"
Let dry

RCarmor002.jpg

2. Apply tooth paste to areas that should get wear, edges and so on, I use old fashion "Pepsodent"

RCarmor004.jpg

3. paint armor wtih Krylon fussion "satin black" let dry.

RCarmor007.jpg

4. again apply tooth paste to previous areas, making them wider and longer. Also add new areas
that you might just want the black to show through.

RCarmor012.jpg

5. Paint with final color.

RCarmor014.jpg

6. After a few hours of drying wash with soap and water, using a rag, rinse under a hose and look what happens.

RCarmor016.jpg

RCarmor021.jpg

Here are more pictures RC pictures

That looks like a pretty good technique.

How hard is it to remove the toothpaste? I heard of using mustard but it can be hard to remove. This looks like it might be easier. Are there any tricks or tips we should know. Or just put it on and remove when done?

It comes off very easy, and won't leave stains like mustard and it's got a clean smell. I use a 1' wide brush, just so I can do the wider scrapes and the edge of the brush on the smaller stuff and I only have to clean up one brush. The thicker you put it on the easier it is to come off.

Here's a picture of the back pack with the wider scrape.

backpack005.jpg

Love the tutorial, Jeff. I've gotten the same style of results using normal liquid latex like you would the toothpaste. I haven't tried the toothpaste style but might experiment with it sometime.

Excellent job Jeff.
Thanks for the tutorial. I'm gonna use it on PA set:)
I'm doing mine up like Sev.
I really like the colors on your armor and helmet. It looks as if its really seen some action.

I said it once I´ll say it twice...awesome :D ...

Just one question...I checked the references of the Deltas and while their armor is heavily weathered and scratched I can´t make out any areas where the BASIC paint appeared "chipped" (excpet for the colored highlights of course).

I LOVE jedistines technique, I´m just curious if it´s "accurate" to any specific character.?

Markus

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back