Authentic Icons X-Wing ???

SithLord822

Hi guys I recently purchased a icons X-Wing and I'm wondering if it's legit... The price was almost too good and the base is different. So it makes me wonder if it's legit or a recast or kit built ? I know there are a lot of X-Wing experts here on RPF and I could use your help. Thank you for taking some time to check out the pics. MTFBWY ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415465411.753620.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415465418.356058.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415465423.620803.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415465429.485959.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415465435.305494.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415465440.551467.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415465446.669205.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415465446.669205.jpg

It looks like an Icons but I've never seen one with "glass" in the canopy, and that is not the display base that came with it.

Hi Boba Flint, this is why I'm questioning my purchase... The seller stated up front that it was a "custom Death Star Base" as far as the glass I wasn't aware the Icons didn't have glass in the cockpit... Are there any tells I could use or photograph and show that would give me a definitive answer ? There are recasts of the Icons X-Wing out there, I've seen them so I just want to make sure it's a original and not a recast or a kit build model. It did come with a COA and plaque but you could buy those on eBay by themselves all day long and it didn't come with the original shipper either so it raises some red flags for me.

It seems to be painted the same way as the ICONs as well... based on reference pics of ICONs Xwings on the net. But I'm not an expert - the cockpit frame and glass does look a little suspicious to me.

regardless its a very nice X-Wing and if you got it for a decent price Kudos!

Jedi Dade

Once it arrives I will try to pose the ship at the same angles as the online pics of the Icons X-Wing and upload some comparative pics. Like I said the price was good either way but I want to know if it's original, there is a sentimental value for me in owning a Icons X-Wing. I also can't wait to take pics side by side with the eFX X-Wing. If I remember correctly they are cast of the same pyro model. ( I could be wrong)

Hello. If it's a real Icons X-wings, you have the Licensee engravings (LFL) on the bottom of the ship, at the end of the model, between the two engines...I don't know if I'm clear enough but if you look closely the bottom of the ship, you will find the engravings, like Icons had on all its replicas ;-)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back