89 Batmobile help

Neo-uk

I'm not sure where to put his so I might ask again in a different section.
Anyway I've just acquired a 29 inch long 89 batmobile kit :p
But the resin cast tyres are terrible so I was hoping to replace them with some RC cars ones, question is does anyone know or can work out what scale this is please. It's supposedly cast from the mold of the studio effects car used in the Axis Chemical scenes.

How about measureing the tires? It´s very likely that they aren´t to scale anyway. Or take them to an RC hobby store. Another option would be to hire a 3D modeler and have a new set printed.

The supposed scales of large RC cars are generally so wacky that I wouldn't bother going that route. Just measure the raggedy tires you have for the car (assuming that at least their size is correct for the body) and go shopping for an RC wheel/tire setup that's eqiuvalent.

For what it's worth, a 29" Batmobile might be 1/8th scale. That makes a 19-foot full sized car. Scaling things up, 1/6th and 1/10th would make a 24ft or 14ft car - those figures both seem too far off to be correct IMO. And I doubt anyone would make the model at 1/9th or 1/7th.

Is it this one?

Attachments

• bat 01.JPG
    bat 01.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 236
I recall some miniature-looking shots of the Batmobile during the Axis Chemicals destruction. And they used miniatures for the Batwing's fiery crash in that same movie.

They split a model car apart (1/4th scale?) in Batman Returns for the narrowing/alley getaway.

Well, according to several web sites I've looked at for ya (and I think I remember seeing these specs in a book ages ago), the original is 260.7 inches long, which puts your scale at 1:8.98965... basically 1:9, which is definitely NOT a common scale. But look for 1:8 scale tires that fit 185/60-15 size wheels.

The original tire/wheel size I got from here: http://www.chickslovethecar.com/KeatonCar.aspx
then just algebraed it down to 1:9, and converted it to what the actual model part size would be if it were 1:8 scale...

Good luck.

B

I have a 1/8th scale 89 Batmobile that Iv'e been restoring for the last two years on and off and just recently had the tires and wheels modeled in 3d to have printed.
How do they look so far .

My local RC store has tons of wheels and tires in bags on a wall. I would suggest just walking in with you set up and start matching what will work.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back