Halloween costumes air mag conversion

glasses

hey everyone im new here but ive looked over quite a few threads over the last month or 2 and today i decided to finally sign up. while alot of the people on here dont really like the halloween costumes version of the air mag its honestly the cheapest way for people like me to just grab a pair and enjoy a shoe we've always wanted. i know theres better versions out there but i just cant afford it right now but i figure why not start a thread for people like me who want to add logos and maybe a few mods to the hc air mags anyone interested?

I saw that and that would def be a big help with the conversion I'm most likely going to get his nike strap conversion kit as well. I don't know if I want to try and do the steam slim toe mod but I'm for sure going to do the rib flattening mod when my shoes come in.

ok so mark is going ahead the decal kit he said it be ready in 2-3 weeks and that it be around 25 shipped for the decals and 70 shipped for an entire conversion kit
(decals/strapkit) also cavx made a tutorial showing how to do the steam slim toe here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvqgP3Z8MAU this is a big help if you dont want to cut open your shoe in fear of ruining it completely

Hey guys I think the HC mags are awesome,I've got a pair on the way shipping late December though haha, I'm soon going to order my light strap kit and decals! I plan on wearing these babies to my school graduation! :)

my shoes might be coming in today im not sure fedex left them at my post office around 7 in the morning i usually get my mail around 12 to 2 ill post some photos of what the shoe looks like stock, then ill do the flat lace mod and the steam slim toe. i also plan to color the yellowing soles a see through white like in the film.

so my shoes came and i did the lace flattening and the slim toe mod with the steam, im so happy with how it came out if youre on the fence about slimming the toe using the iron method is alot less scary becuase you dont have to cut your shoe open and it looks so much better after its been slimmed

heres a swoosh i made out of some fake leather i had lying around i modeled after the rd mags not the v2 its not glued on its just stuck with some tape to see how it looked, also you can see how good these look with the slim toe mod and the flat laces
IMG_9648.JPG
heres a shot i took before i did the other shoes slim toe holy **** they look so much better! all without cutting my shoes!
IMG_9641.JPG
heres a shot of them on feet slim toe/flat laces
IMG_9646.JPG

so my shoes came and i did the lace flattening and the slim toe mod with the steam, im so happy with how it came out if youre on the fence about slimming the toe using the iron method is alot less scary becuase you dont have to cut your shoe open and it looks so much better after its been slimmed

Can you tell me how to do the steam flattening? Also, I didn't like how the yellowish soles look either. What kind of paint are you planning on using to whiten them? I'm very interested in seeing your results.

Can you tell me how to do the steam flattening? Also, I didn't like how the yellowish soles look either. What kind of paint are you planning on using to whiten them? I'm very interested in seeing your results.
Ok so for the laces I just steamed them with an iron but like a few inches away from the shoe don't touch the shoe with the intron becuase it will burn it. Then I later a damp towel on the shoe and ironed on where the laces are until they looked flat to my liking. Then I steamed the toe box and flattend it until it had like a slope like the rd mags and had a slim toe look go slow so it dosent wrinkle and fill the shoe with socks or something so it has the shape of a foot inside. If you need to see what I'm talking about see cavx video on steam slim toe here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvqgP3Z8MAU about the paint idk yet I'm looking into some dye but I tried watered down spray paint and it wiped right off so I'm still working out how ill do that

Ok so for the laces I just steamed them with an iron but like a few inches away from the shoe don't touch the shoe with the intron becuase it will burn it. Then I later a damp towel on the shoe and ironed on where the laces are until they looked flat to my liking. Then I steamed the toe box and flattend it until it had like a slope like the rd mags and had a slim toe look go slow so it dosent wrinkle and fill the shoe with socks or something so it has the shape of a foot inside. If you need to see what I'm talking about see cavx video on steam slim toe here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvqgP3Z8MAU about the paint idk yet I'm looking into some dye but I tried watered down spray paint and it wiped right off so I'm still working out how ill do that

Ill try that tomorrow. Thanks for the link glasses.

hey guys just wanted to show you the swooshes i added just for fun i made it add of some fake leather i had lying around, based off the rd mags not the v2s again theyre just taped with some 2 sided fabric tape but this is just a place holder until we see what marks kit will look like
IMG_9703.JPG

You're doing a good job on improving the HC MAGs, Glasses.
Nice hi-res shots, too. I note you took them with a good Canon. :D
They're at least a cheaper option to start than the V2's. Cheapest I've seen them is 219 from Koo777.ru
Once you're happier with your modding abilities you can go to the V2's.
Unless AirAir gets the V3 (Mr Glow) successfully made. I'm hanging out for that, as I have the Mark Poon's (unfortunately my feet are too big for them), a bunch of different colours of the V1's (I think the black and yellow V1 looks pretty alright for a general shoe, if not accurate) and a couple V2's. Just make sure when you're displaying them or drying them after you've cleaned them, not to leave them in the sunlight, that was my mistake on my wear pair and the midsole and clear sole went yellow quickly. Keep them in the box (as much as you can stand lol)

You're doing a good job on improving the HC MAGs, Glasses.
Nice hi-res shots, too. I note you took them with a good Canon. :D
They're at least a cheaper option to start than the V2's. Cheapest I've seen them is 219 from Koo777.ru
Once you're happier with your modding abilities you can go to the V2's.
Unless AirAir gets the V3 (Mr Glow) successfully made. I'm hanging out for that, as I have the Mark Poon's (unfortunately my feet are too big for them), a bunch of different colours of the V1's (I think the black and yellow V1 looks pretty alright for a general shoe, if not accurate) and a couple V2's. Just make sure when you're displaying them or drying them after you've cleaned them, not to leave them in the sunlight, that was my mistake on my wear pair and the midsole and clear sole went yellow quickly. Keep them in the box (as much as you can stand lol)
yeah i love how they came out and yup my trust t4i i use it mostly for video work but dabble in photography as well. i just put the shoes up there for the photo theyve been in the box since ive got them i havent even worn them out lol ill probabley grab a "mr.glow" pair if airair keeps his price at 75 80 like he planned

ima noobie to the shoe modding i ve been a fan of bbtf since i seen it a long time ago. just bought these shoes off ebay off a individual for 79$us. i think they are hc mags according to what markpoon told me. to me the lights look pretty bright like maybe they have been modded already any info on that would be great. i have been reading alot on this forum and watched alot of your guys youtube vids also the shoes should be here tuesday i have already talked to markpoon about getting his strap kit and the logo kit also i cant find a video of the battery mod im looking to try to have a long battery life on a single charge also does anyone know how long i amsupposed to charge them to be fully charged thanks for info.. this is a great forum $_57.jpg$_571.jpg2.jpgsorry for the bad pics but i took them from the ebay listing i will post better pics when i get them

ima noobie to the shoe modding i ve been a fan of bbtf since i seen it a long time ago. just bought these shoes off ebay off a individual for 79$us. i think they are hc mags according to what markpoon told me. to me the lights look pretty bright like maybe they have been modded already any info on that would be great. i have been reading alot on this forum and watched alot of your guys youtube vids also the shoes should be here tuesday i have already talked to markpoon about getting his strap kit and the logo kit also i cant find a video of the battery mod im looking to try to have a long battery life on a single charge also does anyone know how long i amsupposed to charge them to be fully charged thanks for info.. this is a great forum View attachment 417374View attachment 417375View attachment 417376sorry for the bad pics but i took them from the ebay listing i will post better pics when i get them
Those are the hc mags with unmodded LEDs. If you want longer battery life you need to replace everything and start fresh wich means you should just go all our anddo the el mods. I charged the hc mags for about an hour for them to be at full charge and they last a good 3 hours completely on then died out it was just a test and i doubt I'd ever have these on for that long while out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back