Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

I tried to cover all the bases.
Picked up both versions of Roys covers.
If worse comes to worse ive got a roman clamp without the graflex logo.

Could the problem be that some people are bending the tab at slightly the wrong spot?

Im guessing if the tab is bent slightly too high it will not fit tightly.

I would suggest using something flat to brace the tab while bending it.

Could the problem be that some people are bending the tab at slightly the wrong spot?

That's exactly what I was thinking Darth Saber :thumbsup

From Roman's Graflex thread:

In case my new steel shroud turns out nicely maybe my 3D model can be used. Like you said, it's slightly modified to match the real prop. Maybe I can even supply Roman with my cast parts if he wants!

Roy, when do you expect to have the first batch of steel shrouds?

I don't have a date yet, but I think soon. But I will also have to think of a smart shipping system to US customers.

We had a few volunteers from a few pages back willing to handle the re-shipping:

Maybe Roy could ship a whole batch, like 2 or 3 dozen shrouds, all at once to someone stateside to ship them out as a proxy when one gets purchased instead of shipping them one at a time.

Yes, I've been thinking about this. First I need to find someone who wants to be responsible for that. But since shipping will then be limited to the States, I won't offer them worldwide. Selling them from the junkyard is perhaps the best option then. Unless that person is willing to ship internationally. And I would have to arrange the painting to be done as well, like @scottjua offered, unless I skip the wrinkle coating altogether.

Roy

I could do in batches

i will be the proxy, or whatever else you may need. If Scott cant do it, is the wrinkle paint people used on the DEC Droid Caller a got match for these? I don't want to offend whomever painted them before but a Roy designed shroud with a Scott paint job would be amazing

BTW, got my ESB kit, its awesome!

Roy, if scottjua or tomm1999 don't work out, I'd do it for you.

I'll throw my hat into the ring as well. I'm back in the States for a few months, and could handle it. Or to make it more manageable for us, you could break it up and let one person handle the first batch of 10 or so, another person the second, etc.

But you do have several volunteers who are willing to help so that these awesome shrouds can once again become available.

And I believe I speak for all in saying we'd be perfectly happy with uncoated shrouds.

Also, if it is preferable for me to just buy a batch from you outright, and then me handle subsequent individual payments, I think I could accommodate a batch size of about 15 to start. The USA proxy will have to be able to deal with individual payments anyway to cover the re-shipping costs...

It bends in a very precise spot because of the design, I dont think you could bend it too high or too low if you tried.

Roy, I use Shippo to ship things internationally for my side business. It's an app through Shopify so it might not be available outside of that platform but it auto fills the customs forms for me. There might be something similar out there to ease the pain of shipping hundreds of shrouds to us cretins. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It bends in a very precise spot because of the design, I dont think you could bend it too high or too low if you tried.

Not to mention if you were to bend it any lower it wouldn't fit properly under the sidebars. Roy engineered this very well. I think the very slight bulging is from the fact that the stainless steel has some memory to it and wants to straighten out. That and there is undoubtedly some variation from one clamp to another. Some clamp covers may bulge slightly more than others, some less or not at all.

It could also be a result of the pressed grooves (on the pressed groove version, obviously) creating some resistance and forcing the sides to bulge just a smidge. I wonder if the laser cut version has the same effect.

We had a few volunteers from a few pages back willing to handle the re-shipping:

I'll throw my hat into the ring as well. I'm back in the States for a few months, and could handle it. Or to make it more manageable for us, you could break it up and let one person handle the first batch of 10 or so, another person the second, etc.

But you do have several volunteers who are willing to help so that these awesome shrouds can once again become available.

And I believe I speak for all in saying we'd be perfectly happy with uncoated shrouds.

Also, if it is preferable for me to just buy a batch from you outright, and then me handle subsequent individual payments, I think I could accommodate a batch size of about 15 to start. The USA proxy will have to be able to deal with individual payments anyway to cover the re-shipping costs...

Thanks Spyhunter2k for this list and for offering your help.
I will soon come up with a plan and send some PMs.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, a few strips of double sided tape inside the clamp cover really helps keep it down and without gaps. I also cut one end a little shorter after the tab broke off, and that seems to have helped as well. It also doesn't bulge when squeezed now.

Cut grooves cover on Romans full flash version clamp
IMG_9872.JPG

Last edited:
FYI, a few strips of double sided tape inside the clamp cover really helps keep it down and without gaps. I also cut one end a little shorter after the tab broke off, and that seems to have helped as well. It also doesn't bulge when squeezed now.

View attachment 699498

Thanks for posting this!

View attachment 699498

The bulge on mine is bareley noticeable but there none the less.
I was going to wrap the clamp with aluminum tape and then put the cover over it to take up the slack but apparently this seems to work as well.

Good job.

Atone else ever ran into this problem for a TFA saber? My rivet fun won't fit into the 7mm notch.

IMG_0023.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back